I don't know how to make the subject line real clear but here's what
sometimes happens.  If I have to unload Jaws and then I try to get it
back--whether with desktop icon or with a hot key--sometimes it seems to go
into the context menu of Jaws but it won't speak and say "Jaws for windows
is ready."   My daughter looked at the screen so I know Jaws comes up, but
it comes up in the wrong way.  Is there a fix for this?