Hi Hailley,

If it helps any, when ever I use Reg Scrub XP, I always tend to end up using
my Jaws cursor to click on the relevant buttons.

I don't know why that happens, but since I use it very rarely, except when I
notice that there is sluggishness or crashes on my system, or even what
Windows calls hang-ups, I will run it once, and possibly two or three times
until I get no problems found.

In any case, whether you would like to use it once or twice, I always use
the Jaws cursor to move around the window, as this is the easiest for me,
instead of trying to guess on the different buttons I'm on.

Besides, there are only a few buttons to click on.  The first being the "Reg
Scrub XP Finds Problems Button", then, if you wish, you can use the Jaws
cursor to arrow down to the portion of the window that details the status,
where it says files examined, equals a large number, followed by files found
and another number, then finally it will say reg scrub xp finds problems
equals in process or completed.  At this point, you can use the Jaws cursor
to go down to the bottom of the window to click on the select all button
after the program has completed it's scan.  Then, all you have to do is
cursor over to the fix selected problems button, and you're good to go.

At this point, you might want to use the Jaws cursor to move to the same
area where you read the status of the scan, and listen for the large numbers
again, as I said above, and especially listen to whether Jaws says reg scrub
xp fixes selected problems equals in progress or completed.

Once it says that the fixing is completed, then you can just close the
program with the alt-F4 command, or run another scan.  Like I said, I find
it better to run the scan two or three times until the program doesn't find
any problems, and although it may seem that the damn thing always finds
problems, don't worry, eventually, it will say that there were no problems
found.

I should note, that even though I outlined the steps to do a scan above,
there is one or two caveats, or be carefuls.

The first is that I may not be entirely accurate with the word completed, it
may say finished, but pay particular attention to the equals and the
progress statement, as this will tell you when it's finished.

I wish the people who wrote the program would put a sound on the damn
program to tell us blinks when it's done, but just like diarrhoea, you never
know when it's done until you check for yourself...Don't ask.

The last thing I want to mention, is that you should never do these scans
too often.

While a scan once in a while is a good thing, doing it once a week could
ruin your registry in ways that could corrupt your version of Windows and
cause it to have to be re-installed.

Like I said, I only run it once in a blue moon, and only when I have
examined and eliminated all other possibilities, like Jaws corruption,
program corruption and when the restore hasn't worked.

I always examine the MS Config first to make sure nothing is running that
shouldn't be, because sometimes programs, spyware or viruses will install
themselves without letting you know, and they will sometimes show up in the
MS Config or the Task Manager.

Like I said though, run this program sparingly, but when you do, run it well
and completely.

Victor