I would suggest a good cleaning. It sounds as there is a lot of dust inside
and the fans aren't cooling the system.
RJ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marsha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 6:44 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Strange Noises and Sound Cards

Hi
   As I have posted before, this crazy computer crashes every so often,
definitely not on a predictable basis.  When it does this there are some
awful sounds that come out of the speakers.  When it crashes, the error
message says that Windows has shut down to prevent damage to system.  Dell
has no idea what the problem could be.  They want to reinstall Windows.
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  I thought it might be a Jaws
issue,
so I talked to Freedom Scientific yesterday.  The tech was sure it was the
sound card.  When I talked to Dell, they said they would replace the sound
card (aparently to appease me).  Sometimes before the crash, the computer
speakers start making strange noises, such as a 2 second Donald Duck
episode, or just strange random noises.  Does anyone have any ideas?  BTW,
thought if a tech person saw the error message which comes up after the
crash, they would have a pretty good idea what the problem was.  If this
isn't the case, how do these error messages help?  Please, any help would
be
appreciated.

Marsha Anderson

Users List" group.