Sometimes lists won't let you post using the bcc field. I've done it and they
always know when I do it and get after me for doing so.

I thought I would chime in on this topic.

While I agree that no one can completely prevent spam from getting
through to a list as large as these types, list members should have
to take some responsibility in ensuring that this does not happen.
On the off chance that I have to cross post, I find it helpful to use
the BCC field.  Not only do you not see where the message went, but
you can also ensure that the subject line doesn't get corrupted with
varying list names and the like.
In terms of message rules, I find it helpful to use the subject line
as any messages that do come in, whether on or off-list I tend to put
in the originating list folders.
For example, if I send a message to the list and someone happens to
respond to me off-list, in some cases the Jaws-users name will still
be attached to the subject line, which is how I like it.
Other's may have other preferences, but that's just how I do it.

In conclusion, using the BCC field will negate any possibility of
messages having different subject lines in them.
Victor