oh I see..
I've not actually done that for IE but many for other applications. I do notice in OE for instance, the verbosity will be on beginner when in fact I have it on intermediant through insert f2/configuration and sometimes it's just the other way around haha I must have not installed jaws 8 right or I did, because so far all seems to be the same for me over here from jaws 7.10 other than a few extra reading of menus/options all works same as it ever was, save as it ever was..wasn't that a song?

Hailley

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walt Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 3:26 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Re: Changing verbosity and punctuation

Hailley -

Actually, both are permanent. I objected to some of the items that got included in the INSERT+V dialogs when they were introduced several versions back because they merely replace items that can be set either from the Configuration Manager or the JAWS (INSERT+J) dialog, but lost that argument. What's _really_ confusing is that in some instances, the changes are permanent (as in Outlook Express, MS Word, etc.) and in others, they're purely temporary (the most obvious case here is in Internet Explorer where, if you want to make permanent changes, you press CTRL+INSERT+V instead and then, they apply only to the domain you were at when you made the changes).

----- Original Message ----- From: "one foxy lady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>