I was just over there and had a tiny bit of trouble but once I did the insert-control-W I was able to hear what was on the screen. I did have to use the alt-down arrow to hear the combo boxs as jaws would just say list box,lol
What version of jaws do you use?

Hailley
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 2:27 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Re: a pach for sb audigy cards

that update utility at the creative website is not accessible by any means! youhave to turn off the vertual pc curser to get things to work and even then it won't read the text so you can know what you're doing!
Sarah -

Mine doesn't do it, either, but if you don't have the latest sound
card
drivers, you can get them from the Creative Labs web site. They even
have a
nice automatic tool that checks your system, identifies the card, and
installs the latest drivers.

However, before you go there, check out:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.cfm?QC=277