I think you'l  need to completely remove at least jaws7 from the laptop, before
re-installing it.  (Repairing JAWS rarely works for such problems.)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jason smith
  To: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 6:30 AM
  Subject: [JAWS-Users] Jaws crashing when saving to A drive

  Hi everyone,
  I have been having trouble with my laptop at work. I have recently installed
Jaws 7.0 on to my laptop, which is running Windows ME. Because it is windows
ME, Jaws 7.0 is the highest version I can now go to on it. My problem is, Jaws
is running fairly well and I can save to the laptop hard-drive fine. However, I
am having trouble when saving to floppy disk on the A drive. What happens, is I
press F12 to save the file onto the A drive(I have just saved to the C drive).
I hear the floppy whirring like normal. Once it has finished saving, Jaws
crashes. This also happens, if someone else uses the touch-pad on the laptop in
order to save to the A drive. I have been told the error message, says
something about JFW encountering an error and had to shut-down. The message
also says something about braille something or other. I have never used a
braille display. To my knowledge, I have never installed any braille drivers
etc(apart from those which may come standard with the Jaws program). I have
tried different floppy disks too, but still the same problem happens. I am
hoping to get Jaws 8.0 up and going on the desktop computers at work. However,
the laptop is my own personal one and I naturally, would like to solve this
issue. I do have my desktop for my usual computing use. Like I said though,
would like to work this out. Thought I would ask here, before getting Acer(who
are the manufacturer) to have a look at the A drive, incase it is faulty.
  Look forward to hearing from you
  Jason

  http://www.eset.com