Larry,

Seems to me that the "Outbox" is one of those standard folders that's
created when you install Outlook or Outlook Express.  I have Outlook 2000
(although I do not use that email client in deference to Outlook Express)
and I too have an "Outbox."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the "Outbox" is a holdover from the
old dial-up modems where it took considerable time to get messages on to
their eventual destinations.  The Outbox was (and still is so far as I can
tell) a temporary holding folder for messages on their way on to the
Internet Highway.
Bill Gallik
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- "Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the fine line between sanity and
madness gotten finer?"
- George Price