Hi Hailley,
I'm not seeing how this relates to Jaws, so I'll contact you off-list.
Richard Justice
----- Original Message -----
From: "one foxy lady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "jaws help" <jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:25 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] System Restore Help

Below is a friend of mine experiencing some problems locating how to do a
system restore. I copied from the web site the info listed but guess she's
still needing assistance and I am not sure just how to tell her to find her
system's restore feature.
Can anyone help please?

Hailley

Hi, I have windows xp pro and I guess the teck who set up this machine

didn't feel that I needed access to this function. I can't get into systems
tools, it only allows me access to internet explorer.

that is so weird, are you using xp? below is steps to locate the system's
restore feature provided you use xp which I guess I assumed you did..

Restoring your computer using System Restore, and Jaws.

This procedure was used successfully with Jaws 6.2, on an eMachine computer,
with an Intel 2.8ghz processor, 256mb ram, and 80gb hard drive, with the
display resolution set at 50% of the maximum available screen resolution,
and color pallet set at highest 32 bit.

1. From the system restore window, choose, restore my computer to an earlier
time, and tab to the next button, and press enter.

2. Use control home, to move to the top of the page, then arrow downuntil
you hear the current month and year. while arrowing down the page, you will
hear instructions for restoring your computer.

3. While the cursor is positioned on the current month, shift tab, and you
will be on the previous month button. if you want to see the restore points
in the previous month, press enter on the previous month button.

4. Follow the above steps to locate the month from which you want to select
a restore point from. Each time you select the previous month, or next
month, you can use the up and down arrow keys to move thru the text on the
selected page.

5. Once you have selected the month you want, from the available choices,,
arrow down the page until you hear the day of the week you want. This is
where a simple NotePad file of your restore points comes in handy. After
making a restore point, if you record this imformation in a file, you can
refer to it to see the exact date you want to restore to. This makes it
quicker to locate a restore point in the restore point calendar.

6. place your cursor on a day of the week, and then tab until you hear Jaws
read a restore point, and from here you can use your up and down arrow keys
to see the list of restore points on the page.

7. once you have found the restore point you want to use, tab to the next
button, and press enter.

8. Here you should get a confirmation page, so, start at the top of the
page, and arrow down to read the imformation.

9. If you are satisfied with your selection, then tab to the next button and
press enter. The system restoration should begin.

10. Do not disturb the computer during this process, your machine should
re-boot when the restore operation has been completed.

There may be a restore confirmation screen presented to you when the machine
re-boots, and you can okay this dialogue to close it, and resume using your
computer.

NOTE This is how the process went on the system mentioned above using one
particular version of Jaws, and does not reflect how Jaws will read the
imformation on every system.