From: "Victor Gouveia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 9:53 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Tax Software

Hi All,

I have used tax software in the past as a sighted user to prepare my tax
return and file it online.

I realize that the software I use isn't available in the U.S., but I do know
that the company that makes the software I use also has software available
in the U.S.

The software I use is called Quicktax and is by Intuit, the makers of
Quicken and Will Expert.

Anyway, I have been told by them that I can't use Quicktax 2005 to prepare
my 2006 income tax return.

The unfortunate part of all of this is that the 2005 version was the most
compatible version I've used with Jaws since I went blind.

While this completely bums me out because I'm about to spend money on
another version of Quicktax without knowing if it's accessible with Jaws or
if they've made any advancements in making it accessible, I'm wondering if
anyone here uses a particular software package that works well with Jaws.

I know that Intuit also makes TurboTax, and I believe that this particular
tax software is available in the U.S., however, can anyone tell me how well
it goes with Jaws and how difficult it is to use?

Any responses would be welcome.

Thanks,

Victor