I just wish to thank all the powers of this group and all the people kindly
enough to assist me in learning this computer and especially jaws!

I just had an experience involving my ISP and a technocal problem connecting
to the internet..
She took me in areas I hadn't been before to determine my modem's behaviour.
I had to provide her numbers for my IP address as well as my Gateway 2 wire
default IP address.

Now this is where jaws came through in flying colors..it sure pays to know
your screen readers funtion keys!

I told the lady my situation and was able to keep right up with her and had
to do the vertulize screen to obtain the numbers since routing jaws wasn't
getting the job done, but that worked like a charm!

But the good news is..I had already fixed the problem before calling by
unplugging the wires to the modem since that is their standard message you
get before you get to talk to a real person! So she said all was matching on
her end based on what jaws was reading me to tell her so she said, I fixed
it by unplugging the modem even though I couldn't tell her if the light was
green or amber. Now if jaws can start to tell colors...haha

The bottom line here is for all of us to really really use them jaws keys to
obtain the necessary information you will be surprised how well it usually
works!

Patricia