-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of jason smith
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:48 PM
To: jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Re: Acer laptop question

Hi Doug,
I'm using an Acer Travelmate too, all be it 7 years old "smile". I have
only really started using it more lately, while I get Jaws put onto the
desktops at work. I have Jaws on my home desktop, so haven't really
needed to use the laptop much until recently. The mouse keys you refer
to, are referred to as the touch-pad. Like you, I sometimes touch them
accidently with my wrist.
There is a way of turning it on and off. A family member found it in the
documentation I got with it. I think it is something like pressing the
FN key followed by F8. I am not certain of this though. I haven't tried
turning mine off yet, as I have had problems with my unit crashing with
Jaws. I therefore need someone to use the touchpad in order to clear the
error message and restart the laptop for me. I am thinking of getting an
external mouse to plug in and turn off the touchpad. I might be wrong
with which function key you press though. Give it a try. If you still
have no luck, let me know and I will try and get a family member to
check my documentation again for you. My touchpad is very sensitive.
Everyone who uses it complain about it. I have had people try and slow
it down for me too.
Hope this helps.
Good luck
Jason