Hi Tom,

I have personally created multiple Google groups and from personal
experience , Google groups is accessible. I believe you are referring
to Visual captcha when you talk about copying and pasting text.
Anyway, in case of Google groups, an alternative option is provided.
Which is audio captcha. There is a link around the edit box where you
are supposed to enter the text with the following label, "Listen and
type the numbers you hear". Click on this link and you will be taken
to a new window where the cursor will be placed in the edit box. This
is so that you can type the words in as they are read out. I do not
remember but I think you have to press a button/link 'play' on the new
window.

One thing to watch out for is that there will be two voices on the
audio captcha. One of the voices which will start talking first
(little bit earlier than the second voice) is background noise. You
will not be able to understand what this voice is saying. Then another
voice will start up which is much more clear and more understandable.
This is the voice which will give you the code you need to type in.
The voice gives a gap between tow letters/digits so that you can type
it in without missing it.

Please let me know if you have any trouble with any of the steps and I
will be more than happy to help you out. The audio captcha is very
helpful once you get used to it.
"