Hi Lisa:
I will try and answer your questions.
you said:
"I have a couple of questions about the virus vault in AVG.  If there is
anything
in the virus vault that AVG. has caught, does that mean that any and all traces
of
the viruses are gone from the computer?
a: yes once AVG either places it on its vault or deletes it, it pretty much
took care of the problem.
Also should the virus vault be emptied?
a: acording to technical support from the grisoft company yes it is recommended
a least once or twice a month.
and the way you do this is open your AVG control center then right click on the
virus vault or use your JFW cursor then do a right mouse button click assuming
you got the free AVG.
in my opinion one of the big differences between the free AVG and paid one is
its layout seems a bit easier on the paid one besides that on the paid one you
do get 24/7 tech support.
and if so, do the viruses completely disappear from the hard drive, or do they
just
go to the recycle Ben?
a: they don't go to the recycle bin.
hth
Get Skype and call me for free.

Mr. Juan
Need to get a hold of me?
leave me a voicemail and spinvox will transcribe it in to text for me.
505-446-1589