Hi Donny,

Sorry to respond so late to your message.

Basically, Belarc Advisor extracts information from various files that your
computer uses to operate the computer, re-formats it into a medium that you
can understand, then displays that information to you in a readable format.

It extracts basic information like the model number and serial number of
your computer, assuming, of course, that you haven't formatted the hard
drive and are still using the same operating system that came with the
computer, the devices that your computer has on it's system and it's various
device drivers and serial numbers for each device, and other relevant
information that techs use to diagnose your computer in times of woe.

I always run this program, at least, once when I buy a new computer, and
burn it or write it to a floppy disk or Cd-ROM so that if I ever need to
re-format my computer, knock on wood, I've got all the information to
download the drivers necessary for my computer.

This would also save time or the tech you give your computer to, as he won't
have to hunt through the inside of your computer extracting serial numbers
and the like in order to get the proper drivers.

Not only does this save you and the tech time, but also money, as most techs
charge by the hour, making a re-format very expensive.

The program is free for personal use, and is completely accessible with
Jaws.

Like I said, I always run the program every time I make any hardware
modifications, and keep the file it generates, in a safe place for future
reference.

One thing I do suggest, is when the program generates the information, it
displays it in an internet explorer window, so I to an alt+F, then the
letter "A" for save as, and save it on my local drive as an html file.

You do have the option of saving as a text file, so either will do.

Once it's saved, you can then save it to disk, and store it in a safe place.

Well worth the time of installing the software.

Victor