From: "david the wild-thing!" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:47 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Re: getting rid of the top and boddem of windo message
in OE Using Jaws 7.0

Hello Mich;

I'm using Jaws 8, and the following steps did work for me. I didn't use the
quotes,
you can also, bring up verbosity, in each program, insert+V, and arrow to,
"TopAndBottom Edge Alert", and turn it off that way.

 If you want to
disable

all top and bottom edge alerts, it can be done by modifying the Default.jcf
file.

Solution:

To permanently turn off Top and Bottom Edge Alerts, do the following:

list of 8 items

1. Open the Start menu and choose Programs or All Programs, JAWS 7.10,
Explore JAWS, Explore Shared Settings.

2. Locate the Default.jcf file

3. Press the RIGHT CONTEXT MENU key, navigate to the Open With choice, and
select Notepad.

4. Press CTRL+F to open the Find dialog, type "TopAndBottom" and then press
ENTER.

5. Press ESC to close the Find dialog box. The cursor will be on the line of
text that reads "TopAndBottom Edge Alert=1."

6. Delete the value of 1, and replace it with the number 0. The line should
now read as "TopAndBottom Edge=0."

7. Save the file and exit Notepad.

8. Restart JAWS for the change to take effect.