Hello Kerryann;    ok, here's what my friend did;

 to tools alt+t;

 and then to options, the letter O.

  Control tab to security.

  Tab to change automatic
download settings
press spacebar,

she sees the following;

Don't download pictures or other content automatically in html format check
box checked
Permit downloads in email messages from senders and to recipients defined in
the safe senders list used by the junk email filter checkbox checked

Permit downloads from websites in this security zone trusted zone check box
checked
Warn me before downloading content when editing forwarding or replying to
email check box not checked