From: "Victor Gouveia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] When a New Jaws User

Hi Patti,

While I agree with you that Outlook Express is the best at reading e-mail,
there are ways to bypass the tons of links on web page mail services.

Like Rick said, any e-mail client you use will require setting up, to
synchronize accounts and to set your preferences.  This, too, is the case
for web mail checking, via an internet browser.

If you recall, I sent you a message on this very thing not too long ago, on
how to streamline your web mail checking to bypass all the links on the
various web pages.

I have copied and pasted the e-mail below.

Hope this helps.

***

Hi Tammy,

Sorry to get back to you so late on this, but I found your message stuck
away in my bulk items folder and forgot to check it in the last couple of
days.  Anyway, I regularly use Web Mail to check my e-mail through Yahoo, it
is quite simple once you set it up to your liking.

For example...

My current sequence is as follows:

Please keep in mind that I have already set up everything I need to check my
e-mail quickly and to expedite not staying on my Internet Explorer window
very long.

Suffice it to say, I have set up my Yahoo log-in screen as a favourite, and
because it's the only link in my favourites menu with the letter Y, all I
have to do is hit the keystroke of alt+A to go to the favourites menu, then
the letter Y to go to the Yahoo log-in screen.

The link for that is usually mail.yahoo.com, and once there, you can add it
to your favourites, and do the following:

Hit the F key to go to the first form field.  This will usually be the
username field.

Once you've established that it is the field you want, place a permanent
placemarker there by pressing the control+shift+K keystroke.

This will take you to a dialog box with the list of placemarkers already on
the page.

Since you haven't placed any, this list should be empty.  Tab once to the
add button and press the spacebar, which will pop up a placemarker name
dialog box.

You can either, choose to go with the name already there, or type in a new
name for it.

Now, Having done this, every time you go to the Yahoo log-in page and press
the letter K to go to the first place marker, you'll land on the username
field, at which point, you would go into the forms mode and enter the
appropriate information and hit enter.

Now that that's done, the following page will also need some work in order
to stream line any future e-mail checking through web mail.

So, in the following page after you've logged in, press the letter L until
Jaws says list of 5 items.

This is where the list of folders is.

By folders I mean the Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts and Bulk and Trash folders.

These are links that you use to go to the other web pages that contain your
e-mails.

This is also the list that will tell you how many unread e-mails you have in
each folder.

One thing you can do to streamline this process is place another permanent
placemarker on that list of 5 items, or on the inbox link, if you want to go
directly there, and use the placemarker to navigate the screen.  This
completely negates the process of having to scroll through the hundreds of
links on the page.

Once you've seen how many unread e-mails are in each folder, if that is your
desired choice to do, hit enter on the folder, and the page with all the
e-mails you have will pop up.

After this, reading the list of e-mails and, subsequently, reading the
e-mails you want to read are easy, once you know the specific keys to press
to get you to where you want to go.

So, for argument sake, Let's say you see that there are 53 unread messages
in your inbox.  Once the inbox link is highlighted, you press enter and the
resulting page will load up.

Once the page has completely loaded up, press the letter T for table, and
this will take you right to the top of the e-mail list.

In fact, once you press the letter T Jaws will take you directly to a
checkbox at the beginning of the list of e-mails in the folder.

Jaws will say something like checkbox not checked select all, blah, blah,
blah.

Anyway, this table starts off and lists the e-mail headers as follows:

Attachments: (If any, usually not spoken, or spoken as a blank column)
Size:

These are the columns in the table that lists the messages you have waiting
to be read.  There are other columns that will sometimes show up, such as
view address book listing, or view contact details and other information,
but in the table column headers, like the attachment column, Jaws often
speaks these headers as blank columns.  The only time Jaws will say that
there's something there is when you are going through the list of e-mails,
and there's an attachment or there are profiles you can view, in which case,
the first row won't show these things, however subsequent rows will.

At this point, you can use standard table reading commands to go through the
table, namely, control+alt+up, left, down or right arrow to go through the
table one cell at a time to read the information.

Now, let's say that you see a message from David Ferrin that looks
interesting and you want to read it, so you would go to the subject field
and press enter on the subject link.

Now, a page will load up displaying the contents of the message.  You can
use the same navigation keys you used in the previous screen to go through
the message.  These are pressing the letter T for table, which will take you
directly to the header information for the message, then using the table
navigation commands you used in the previous screen if you want to read the
header information, and use some of the options it gives you, such as adding
the person's e-mail address to your Yahoo address book, which is a different
story and another tutorial that I can write if you need me to, or viewing
the sender's Yahoo profile, and other options that I can't rightly remember
right now.

Anyway, if you don't want to go through this information again, just press
control+alt+end to go to the end of the header table, and you can start
reading the message proper from this point.

After you've read the message, you have your various options, such as
deleting marking or moving the message to another folder, which you can
press the letter B to get to the buttons associated with these options, or
move to the next message, and here you'll probably have to press the letter
B to get to the buttons, then arrow down to the next link or previous link
depending on where you want to go.

either way, it's as easy as one two three when you know the navigation
commands.  Eventually, it becomes second nature and you hardly notice the
time it takes.

Other options are not as easy to use, such as marking a message and what to
do with it, moving a message to a folder you have created and stuff like
that, but I'm sure if you're going to do things like that, I have no doubt
that, with proper set-up, like the way you set-up how to check your e-mail,
you can efficiently figure that one out also.

Anyway, let me know if you need anymore information and I'll endeavour to
help you out.

Victor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
body of a blank message to: