From: "David Farough" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:53:47 -0400
Subject: RE: too much Jaws chatter when loading a web page

In version 8.0.2107 you will see the following function in the
Default.jss file.  You could stop the SayAll by commenting out the
SayAll in this function.

void function DoDefaultDocumentLoadActions()
var
        string sClass,
        string sWindowName
if CustomPageSummaryReported() then
        return
EndIf
if DocumentLoadedAtFormField() then
        return
EndIf
let giLastDocumentLoadTime=GetTickCount()
let sClass=GetWindowClass(GetFocus())
let sWindowName =GetWindowName(GetCurrentWindow ())
if sClass==cwcIEServer || sClass==cwcFireFoxBrowserClass
|| (sClass==cwcAdobeDocClass && sWindowName==wnAdobeDocName) then
        PCCursor()
        if IsVirtualPCCursor()
        && !SayAllInProgress() then
                AnnounceDocumentElements()
                SayAll()
        endIf
endIf
EndFunction

David Farough
Application Accessibility Coordinator/coordonateur de l'accessibilité
Information Technology Services Directorate /
Direction des services d'information technologiques
Public Service Commission / Commission de la fonction publique
Email / Courriel:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel. / Tél:    (613) 992-2779

>>> "Huskins, Wayne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 08:38 am Thursday,
June 14, 2007 >>>
Where did you get your copy of the function. Was it from default.jss.
Also what version of jaws are you running?  I am lookingt at jaws v7.10