Hi All,

While on this subject, I would like to mention something that I find
difficult listening to Jaws at a high rate.

I often like to listen to audio tutorials, but I usually end up
turning it off when the individual presenting the tutorial uses Jaws
at a high rate of speed and I cannot understand it.

I would learn a lot more if when using Jaws for the tutorial, it is
used at a normal rate at the same rate as the person presenting the
audio. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? Not all
the tutorials are like this, but there are some that uses Jaws too
fast for me to comprehend.

Just my two cents.

Lennie

At 06:27 AM 9/27/2007, you wrote:
>Hi John and all,
>Something to keep in mind:
>The only importance of the speech rate is to help the user to be more
>efficient.
>This rate is only relevant to the individual user.
>Everyone learns, or comprehends and works at a different level,
>and when the speech rate becomes too fast, the productivity suffers.
>I think Annette gave a great example, and her method helps her students to
>become more efficient with their use of the computer.
>One of the nice things about Jaws is, that you can have different voices and
>different rates of speech for different tasks.
>Noone should be worried orr self-conscious about the speech rate that they
>are useing,
>because it has to be totally comfortable for the individual, and the comfort
>level while useing any tool, especially a computer,
>is a big factor in being proficient with it.
>HTH,
>
>Richard Justice
>www.blind-computing.com

body of a blank message to: