I think the 519 comes from the "replacement" disk FS sent out.  Why it
should be different from the web site, I don't know.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris
Skarstad
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 1:06 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Jaws 9

Hi.  according to the FS website, the latest version available for
download is JAWS 9.0.515, which was released last month.  So I don't
quite get where everyone sees that it's 9.0.519?
I know it's only a few numbers difference, but that's what I noticed.
Also, Patty asked:
I still have Jaws 8 on my computer, and when I go to Jaws 8 it says Jaws
9. How can I fix that?

If you go to your about box under help and it says that it's JAWS 9,
then you're running JAWS 9.  what you need to do is go to your desktop,
press the letter j until you hear jaws 8.0 and then, press insert f4 and
you'll be asked if you want to quit.  press the space bar or enter key
which activates the ok button Now give JAWS a few seconds to unload, on
my system sometimes it takes a bit. JAWS 8.0 was much more of a memory
hog on my system, so i usually gave it about 15 to 20 seconds or so. but
with JAWS 9 things are much better. anyways, now that you're focused on
the desktop icon for JAWS 8, simply press enter and jaws 8 will start.
Alternatively, go to your start menu, hit r for run and then type in
jaws, followed by the version number you want i.e. to run jaws 8.0, you
type jaws8.  to run jaws 9.0 you type jaws9. note there is no space
between jaws and the version number.
If you have JAWS 9 running when the computer starts, and you want JAWS 8
to run, all you need to do is press insert j for the jaws window, go to
options, followed by basics... and then uncheck the box for running JAWS
when the computer starts, and then run the version of JAWS you *do* want
to run when it starts and make sure the box for running JAWS when
windows starts is checked. so in other words, you're telling the version
that currently runs at startup not to run, and you're telling the other
version you have to start.  I hope that all made sense.

At 11:13 AM 12/10/2007, you wrote:
>Hey Gang,
>I downloaded Jaws 9.0.519. I have windows XP, IE 7.
>1 Is 519 the latest update?
>2 I still have Jaws 8 on my computer, and when I go to Jaws 8 it says
>Jaws 9. How can I fix that?
>Patti
>Where the will of God leads you, the grace of God will keep you.
>Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
>http://www.jaws-users.com
>Address for the list archives:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>To post to this group, send email to
>jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the
>subject or body of a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Use the following form in order to contact the management team
>http://www.jaws-users.com/managers.php
>If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email to the
>following address:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com