I talked to a very knowledgeable tech support person from Freedom Scientific
today who is totally stumped by my Jaws and Word problem. Using Jaws 8 and
Word 2003, everything works as expected. Using Jaws 9, nothing reads in
Word. Read current line yields no information. Arrow keys say blank. Read by
paragraph sort of works. If I do a control-home to go to the top of the file
and check my cursor position, it does not move to row 1 column 1. It tends
to stay where I was last typing such as column 16. I can use the Jaws review
keys and read the text just fine. Insert F properly reads font and color
information. Insert Q tells me that settings for Word are loaded
winword.exe. I have unchecked the task pane. I have told the standard and
formatting toolbars to use two rows. I disabled everything in MS Config and
made sure that JawsVid was hooked in the registry. I am running the latest
update of Jaws. I have uninstalled Jaws with all shared files and
reinstalled. My gut tells me it is a script problem but I can't imagine what
it would be or why. Any help would be appreciated. FS is supposed to call me
again Friday, but I may not be around. I don't want to mess things up too
badly if I really do need a high-level person to help me with this, but I
thought given the information I have provided someone on this list might
actually have a suggestion. Turning on enhanced edit support under text
processing in the configuration manager does work, but I understand it
should not be necessary to do this. Thanks.

Jamie Pauls
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Windows XP Home SP 2
Outlook 2003