MLB no longer uses Real Player, but NFL.COM does.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lennie
Rinaldi
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:09 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Real Player

David,

I listen to baseball games on MLB.com. I don't think that MLB uses Real
Player anymore. I do believe that they have their own media player on
the Internet. I wasn't listen to MLB when they weren't using Real Player
so I don't know when they made the change.

Just for your information.

Lennie

At 12:11 PM 1/9/2008, you wrote:
>Here's an email from several years ago I got off another list, but it
>should still be good. I can place the files up on the server if anybody

>is interested.
>**
>this really does work.  I just set it up and it even works with
>mlb.com.  Completely uninstall Real Player or RealOne.  Once it is
>uninstalled go to your Program Files folder and delete the real folder
>so it is completely gone.  Restart your system.  Then download this
>file from the following link
>http://shaohao.vip.sina.com/RealCodecs11.zip
>This is about a 7.5MB file so be patient.  Once the download is
>finished unzip the file and run the executable.  This will install
>every possible plugin that realOne uses.  Then simply install the Tara
>plugin for Winamp which can be downloaded right from the W4TB site.
>Yes, I know this isn't the latest version of Tara, but I have found
>bugs in the latest one so I don't use that one.  Once you have both
>programs installed simply go into winamp, hit control+p for
>preferences, F for file types, then tab over to the select button and
>press the spacebar, then tab back over to the close button and press
>space on that and you are done.  This is absolutely awesome.  I can
>listen to mlb games now without that bloated annoying RealOne player on
my system.
>David Ferrin
>  www.jaws-users.com

Hope that helps.

Date:

> >>Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
> >>http://www.jaws-users.com
> >>Address for the list archives:
> >>http://www.mail-archive.com/jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
> >>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >>For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the
> >>subject or body of a blank message to:
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >>Use the following form in order to contact the management team
> >>http://www.jaws-users.com/managers.php
> >>If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email to
> >>the following address:
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> > Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
> > http://www.jaws-users.com
> > Address for the list archives:
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the
> > subject or body of a blank message to:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Use the following form in order to contact the management team
> > http://www.jaws-users.com/managers.php
> > If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email to
> > the following address:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

>Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
>http://www.jaws-users.com
>Address for the list archives:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>To post to this group, send email to
>jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the
>subject or body of a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Use the following form in order to contact the management team
>http://www.jaws-users.com/managers.php
>If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email to the
>following address:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com