-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Larry Stansifer
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:07 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Silent Laptop

Hi Folks,

This morning while in the middle of a project my laptop simply quit
speaking.. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running Jaws 8 and windows-XP.
A sighted colleague told me that I had the desktop and all of the windows
functionality however, I get absolutely no sound not even Narrator or
Windows load sound.
Any ideas how to make this thing talk?
Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com