I appreciate you posting this. Since irc - with me using mirc for an
irc client - was the first online community i experienced back in
1997 and since i lost my sight soon thereafter, I have tried to keep
up with the different irc speech solutions. Fortunately, however,
they have become so numerous that it is getting hard to keep up. <g>

Can mirc4life be made to output to sapi as an alternative to jaws and
window eyes? I am thinking of users of other screenreaders here and
also personally prefer to not have jaws interupted by irc chatter
when I am multitasking.

Again, Thanks very much.

Doris At 10:14 AM 2/17/2008 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mirc4Life? This is basically a
>version of Mirc that interfaces with the major screen readers, as well
>as providing some nice and cool features. Go to www.irc4life.net for
>more information and to download a copy. Hope this helps, and Happy ircing!
>
>Erin B. Edgar wrote:
> >     Hi, all,
> > Does anyone know of an IRC client that works well with the latest
> version of JAWS?  I can't seem to find one on the Programs page for
> this list.  I seem to remember this issue being addressed on the
> list previously, so forgive me for bringing it up again.
> > Thanks,
> > Erin
> > Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
> > http://www.jaws-users.com
> > Address for the list archives:
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
> > To post to this group, send email to
> > jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the
> subject or body of a blank message to:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Use the following form in order to contact the management team
> > http://www.jaws-users.com/managers.php
> > If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email
> to the following address:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

>Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
>http://www.jaws-users.com
>Address for the list archives:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>To post to this group, send email to
>jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the
>subject or body of a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Use the following form in order to contact the management team
>http://www.jaws-users.com/managers.php
>If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email to
>the following address:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>--
>2/14/2008 10:28 AM

"Pray, pray, pray!" - Pray without ceasing. (1 Th 5:17)

10:28 AM

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Address for the list archives: