The Franklin Language Master is a hardware device and can be used
indepdendent of the computer and of jaws. You might get better
information on that one on a more genral computer list.

AS for an accessible dictionarly that can be used offline with jaws,
I use - and have for years - the free Wordweb dictionary and thesaurus from

http://wordweb.info/free/

If your student is set on paying for the app, there is a pro
version  that can be purchased and offers some extra features but the
free version should be fine for a dictionary.

hth

Doris

At 06:22 AM 2/19/2008 -0600, you wrote:

>My student would like to purchase a dictionary to use with JAWS.  She
>has no internet connection, so needs one to use on her
>computer.  she's wondering about Franklin Language master--a
>stand-alone, right? and is it really a dictionary/thesaurus or
>something else?--or american Heritage, or something else.
>
>Any suggestions would be helpful.
>
>thanks a lot.
>
>Ann
>

>--
>2/18/2008 5:50 AM
>

>Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
>http://www.jaws-users.com
>Address for the list archives:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>To post to this group, send email to
>jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the
>subject or body of a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Use the following form in order to contact the management team
>http://www.jaws-users.com/managers.php
>If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email to
>the following address:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>--
>2/18/2008 5:50 AM

"Pray, pray, pray!" - Pray without ceasing. (1 Th 5:17)

AM

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Address for the list archives: