Hi there,
Yes, it is possible to use an external
keyboard with laptop layout (which is my
situation as well with my Toshiba Satellite
running Vista).
Cheers,
Joseph

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<jaws-users-li
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Date sent: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:29:07 -0000
>Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Laptop Keystrokes

>Hi,
>Thank you for your quick reply on my query.
>For follow up please!
>If I set the keyboard layout to laptop, can I
still be able to use my
>external keyboard?
>I am using USB keyboard on this laptop for
quick operation, while I am still
>familiarizing with the laptop keystrokes.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]

for basic settings.  Tab down
>until
>> you hear keyboard layout.  Make sure it's
set for laptop not desktop.

wrote:

>>>Hi List,

>>>I'm using JAWS 8.0 in my laptop and I tried
the Laptop Keystrokes using
>the laptop keyboard, i.e.  for Reading Text:
Say Word, "CAPS LOCK plus K"
>etc.  but none of them works.

>>>Any idea?

>>>Thank you for any help.

>>>Estelita
>>>Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
>>>http://www.jaws-users.com
>>>Address for the list archives:
>>>http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
aws-users.com
>>>To post to this group, send email to
>>>jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>>>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>For help from Mailman with your account Put
the word help in the subject
>or body of a blank message to:
>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>Use the following form in order to contact
the management team
>>>http://www.jaws-users.com/managers.php
>>>If you wish to join the Blind Computing list
send a blank email to the
>following address:
>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>> Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
>> http://www.jaws-users.com
>> Address for the list archives:

aws-users.com
>> To post to this group, send email to
>> jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send an
email to

______________
>All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is
stunning in its simplicity and ease of use."
- PC Magazine
>http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

>Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
>http://www.jaws-users.com
>Address for the list archives:
aws-users.com
>To post to this group, send email to
>jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>For help from Mailman with your account Put
the word help in the subject or body of a
blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Use the following form in order to contact
the management team
>http://www.jaws-users.com/managers.php
>If you wish to join the Blind Computing list
send a blank email to the following address:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Address for the list archives: