Candy,

You need to go into Speech and Sounds Manager for this.  I shall try to
remember the process so make allowances please.

Configuration Manager.
Ctrl shift D for default settings otherwise don't bother.
Alt S for set options.
M for Speech and Sounds Manager.
If you are in Classic Modified tab twice to Edit Scheme I think.
Press enter and tab about four times to the tab listings.
Tab through with right cursor or Ctrl tab to Attributes.
Tab once to a list and cursor down to Superscript.
Tab once then cursor up once to Ignore.
This is automatically selected and just go through the Ok process.

If you have the appropriate version of Jaws then you will find 3 superscript
symbols towards the bottom of the list if you use Insert 4 on the numbers
row.  You may be able to copy and paste one of these symbols into the
Dictionary Manager where you can put a space in the second field.

Sorry about the previous email, instead of typing Alt S i pressed the
keystroke and inadvertently sent it.

Best of luck.

David