Hi:

I just installed JAWS 9 on my computer at work and I'm using a Power Braille 80.
It appears that since they upgraded Oracle I've had all kinds of problems, but
the worst one right now is that every time I hit the JAWS or PC Curser buttons,
which I have to do often now, the display says JAWS or Virtual Pc.  This isn't a
pleasant thing to see, especially when the screen pops and you are trying to
figure out what call it is ETC.  As far as I can tell, the Braille Verbocity
settings are gone.  They appear to have gone with JFW 6, but it wasn't really a
problem.  Now with 9 and this current state of events, it is.  Does anybody know
of a way to set the verbocity?    You can no longer use the toggle switch on the
front of the display to access them.  I have looked in every menu possibe,
including in utilities, the configuration manager, and the menu on the display
itself.  Nowhere can I find Braille a verbocity   Any ideas would be
appreciated.  I know my equipment is becoming antiquated, but it's what I've got
for now.

I hope that the Power Braille 40 issue is solved for you soon also.soon.

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Address for the list archives:
To post to this group, send email to