Hi all,

Setting up a new Windows 10 and using MS 2010, having gmail attached to
Outlook. Wanting unread messages to stay as unread till I open them. I found
these directions in my notes, not sure where I got them, but still can't
seem to make it work. If these directions are correct, can someone explain
where I am getting lost. I cannot find the checkbox for keep as unread.
Here's what I have in my files;

Directions for keeping  emails as UNREAD in Outlook 2010:

Go to the View Tab

In the layout menu click on Reading Pane

Choose Options from the drop-down menu

Uncheck "Mark items as read when selection changes"

Hit OK

Thanks for any help.

Kurt

After blindness and a double organ transplant, you can say I am as resilient
as rubber, anything you throw at me I am going to bounce back from!