This is a text tutorial, provided freely by The W-10 and Jaws group.
Author: Jim Flusche

Email Address:

jim.flus...@yahoo.com

The Windows 10 and Jaws Yahoo group, The Group home page is below:

The subscribe Link for the Windows 10 and Jaws Yahoo group is below:

windows-10-and-jaws-subscr...@yahoogroups.co.in

*All these text Tutorials are the property of the Windows 10 and Jaws Yahoo
group, anyone can freely distribute all these free text Tutorials to all
interested Blind computer users all over the world.
*All the members of the W-10 and Jaws group, may also freely share all my audio
tutorials with everyone.
*I only ask that they give the W-10 and Jaws group, the credit for all the
audio and text tutorials that they may freely share with anyone else around the
world.

Press Enter on the Mail app, I have a desktop shortcut for the mail app.
**You can also press the Windows key, press Down arrow, press the letter M,
press Enter on Mail.
This is what I will hear, Left Pane Nothing has arrived yet.
N Tue 11:26 PM Reminder Email: Payment Reminder. 1 of 2.
**Now let us press Control+E, this will place us in the search box.
We will use this as our reference point in the mail app.
**Press Control+E, you will hear, Search Edit Type in text.
Tab one time to, Sync this view Button, To activate press spacebar.
Tab again to, Enter selection mode Button
Tab again to, Filter, All Button collapsed
Tab again to the message list, Messages MultiSelect ListBox
N Tue 11:26 PM Reminder Email: 1 of 2.
*Tip, if you have more than one email account, you can combine there inboxes in
the mail app.
If they are different kinds of email accounts, I would leave them seperated.
Tab again to, Navigation Button collapsed
Tab again to, New mail Button, press the Spacebar to open a new blank message
to someone.
Tab again to, All accounts Button.
Tab again to, Folders Button.
Tab again to, Switch to calendar Button.
Tab again to, Switch to People Button.
Tab again to, Settings Button.
Tab again, you will wrap around  to the, Search Edit Type in text.
*Tip, pressing the Spacebar will activate any of the above buttons.
**For example, Press Control+E, then press Shift+Tab one time, for the Settings
button, then press the Spacebar on the Settings button.
You will hear, Manage Accounts Button, press the Spacebar.
You will hear, Manage Accounts Account List List box.
*For security reasons, I will block out some of the account info.
b***@**** 1 of 2.
p***@****
**Tab one time to, Link inboxes Button.
*Tip, If you link the inboxes together, when the mail app opens, you will see
all the emails from both accounts in one inbox.
Tab again to, Add account Button, press the Spacebar.
You will hear, Add an account Choose an account List box
Now Down arrow through this list, and press enter on the type of email account
you wish to set up.
Your choices are:
Outlook.com Outlook.com, Live.com, Hotmail, MSN, 1 of 7.
Exchange, Exchange, Office 365.
Google.
Yahoo! Mail.
iCloud.
Other account POP, IMAP.
Advanced setup.
*Tip, Using the Advanced setup, you will need to know the server information.
**For example, press Enter on, Outlook.com.
You will hear a long string of information, which I have shortened.
https://login. ************.
**Press Insert+Tab, you will hear, Email, phone, or Skype name edit box.
Type in either of the three, Email, phone, or Skype name.
Tab again to, Password password edit.
Type in the password for this email account, *** password edit.
Tab again to, Forgot my password Link.
Tab again to, Create one! Link.
Tab again to, Microsoft privacy statement Link.
Press Enter on the, Sign in Button, wait a few minutes, and your account will
be created for you.
**Now that you have an account set up in the mail app.
**How do I customize my email account in the Mail app?
For example, do the following.
**Press Control+E, search edit, Press Shift+Tab, Settings button, press the
Spacebar.
You will land on the Manage Accounts Button, where we just were, in setting up
your account.
**Now begin pressing the Down arrow key, you will hear the following items.
Personalization Button
Quick Actions Button
Automatic Replies Button
Reading Button
Signature Button
Notifications Button
Email security Button
What's new Button
Help Button
Trust Center Button
Feedback Button
About Button
You will wrap back around to, Manage Accounts Button.
**Press the Spacebar on, Personalization Button.
You will hear on my computer.
Personalization, Preview Colors Background, Colors List box, Blue accent color,
1 of 11
Tab one time to, Use my Windows mode radio button checked.
Tab again to, Fill entire window Button checked.
Tab again to, No background, 1 of 7.
Tab again to, Browse Button.
Tab again to, Back Button, press the Spacebar.
You will land on the Personalization Button.
Down arrow one time and press the Spacebar on, Quick Actions Button.
You will see the following, I believe this is for touch devices.
Quick Actions Your most frequently used actions are just a swipe away, Swipe
actions Button
Tab one time to, Select an account Combo box, ****.
Tab again to, Apply to all accounts check box not checked.
*Tip if you check this box in each of the settings, it will apply to all your
accounts.
If you have different kinds of email accounts, I would leave the apply to all
accounts, unchecked.
Tab again to, Swipe right / hover Combo box, Set/Clear flag.
Swipe left / hover Combo box, Delete.
Tab again to, Back Button, press the Spacebar.
You will land back on Quick Actions Button, press the Down arrow one time to,
Automatic replies button, press the Spacebar.
You will hear, Automatic Replies, Select an account Combo box, Outlook
Tab again to, Send Automatic Replies Button.
Tab again to, Back Button, press the Spacebar, you land on automatic replies
button, Down arrow one time to, Reading button, press the Spacebar.
This is the most used one of the settings.
So after pressing the Spacebar on the Reading button, you will hear.
Mark item as read Seconds to wait: Caret Browsing External content, Auto-open
next item Button.
If this is checked, the next email should be automatically opened for you.
Tab again to, When selection changes radio button checked.
Tab again to, Use the caret to navigate the reading pane. Button checked.
I am still experimenting with this setting, I have it checked for now.
Tab again to, Apply to all accounts check box not checked. To clear checkmark
press Spacebar.
Tab again to, Automatically download external images and style formats. Button
checked.
Tab again to, Show preview text Button.
If you check this, part of the email message will be read in the email list.
Tab again to, Seconds to wait: Caret Browsing External content Conversation
Select an account Combo box, ****, not sure about this setting.
Tab again to, Show messages arranged by conversation. Button.
If you check this item, any group messages with the same subject will be
grouped together in the inbox, use the Right arrow key to expand this group of
messages.
Tab again to, Caret Browsing External content Conversation Select an account
Combo box, Outlook, not sure about this setting.
Tab again to, External content Conversation Focused Inbox, Sort messages into
Focused and Other Button not checked.
Again, I am still experimenting with this setting.
Tab again to, Back Button, press Spacebar, down arrow one time to, Signature
button, press the Spacebar.
You will hear the following after pressing the Spacebar on Signature button.
Select an account Combo box, ****.
Tab one time to, Apply to all accounts check box not checked.
If you check this item, the same signature will be put on all your account
emails.
Tab again to, Use an email signature Button checked.
If you press the Spacebar, and uncheck this item, your mail app will not use a
signature at all.
Now Tab again to the signature, type what you wish to show, Signature Edit.
Mine says, From Jim Sent from Mail for Windows 10.
Tab again to, Back Button, press the Spacebar, Down arrow to, Notifications
button, press the Spacebar.
You will hear the following.
Notification settings can be customized for each of your accounts. Select an
account Combo box,****.
Tab one time to, Apply to all accounts check box not checked.
Tab again to, Show notifications in the action center Button checked.
Tab again to, Show a notification banner check box checked.
Tab again to, Show notifications for folders pinned to Start check box not
checked.
Tab again to, Back Button, press the Spacebar.
You can see the rest of the items yourself.
Now press the Escape key, you will land on the Settings button, on the main
screen of the Mail app.
**How to read my emails in the Mail app.
If you do not choose to link inboxes, do the following to switch from one
account to the other in the Mail app.
**Press Control+E, lands you in the search box, Tab seven times to, all
accounts button, press the Spacebar.
You will hear the following.
Popup, All accounts List box, buc***@***.com 1, 1 of 2.
Down arrow, Outlook pin***@outlook.com.
Press Enter or the Spacebar, on the account you wish to open.
Now this is funny, right now why I am writing this lesson, there has been some
kind of update to my outlook account in the Mail app.
**Ok, I am back now, I ended up removing my accounts and putting them both back
in to the mail app.
I installed the Outlook.com account first, then installed my I P Provider email
account.
**OK, let's continue the lesson now.
Press Enter on the Mail app desktop shortcut, or press Windows key, Down arrow,
press M, press Enter on Mail.
For example, After opening the mail app, on my computer I hear.
Messages MultiSelect ListBox, 7:38 Your Amazon.com order,******... Order
Confirmation. *******, Thank you for shopping with us. 1 of 1.
**Use your Down and Up arrows, to highlight a message in this message list.
**Press the Spacebar or Enter key, to open a message.
**Press the Escape key to close a message.
**Press Control+D, or press the delete key on a selected message to delete that
email message.
**Press Control+R, to reply to a message.
**Press Control+F, To forward, a message to someone.
**Press ALT+S, to send a message.
**Press Control+N, or Tab and press the Spacebar on, New mail button, to creat
a new message.
*Tip, In the too field, type a few letters of a email, Press Windows+Enter,
press the Down arrow until Narrator says the correct email address you want,
press enter, press Windows+Enter to turn off narrator.
I will show you how to send an email to someone from the people app later on in
the lesson.
**From the email list, press Control+E, you will hear, Search Edit Type in text.
Tab one time to, Sync this view Button.
Tab again to, Enter selection mode Button.
Tab again to, Filter, All Button collapsed.
Tab again, you will land back on Messages MultiSelect ListBox, *******, where
we started.
Highlight any email, press the Applications key, you will see the following
list of items.
Archive Button.
Delete Button.
Move Button.
Set flag Button.
Move to Junk Button.
*Tip, you may have other items listed, for different kinds of email accounts,
after pressing the Applications key on a selected email.
**From the message list, Tab four times to, Folders button, press the Spacebar.
For example, you will hear the following for my two accounts.
Popup,Full Folders List List box, Outbox folder, 1 of 8.
Inbox folder, 9 unread, favorite.
Archive folder.
Deleted Items folder, favorite.
Drafts folder.
Junk Email folder.
RSS Feeds folder.
Sent Items folder, favorite.
**Press the Escape key, you will land back on folders button, in the main
screen of the mail app.
Tab one time to, Switch to calendar Button, Press Control+2, at any time to
Switch to the calendar Button in the Mail app.
Tab again to, Switch to People Button, press Control+3, at any time to Switch
to the calendar Button in the Mail app.
**From the folders button, Tab two times to, Switch to People Button, press the
Spacebar.
For example on my computer, you will hear.
I land on the Show Menu Button.
Tab one time to, Contacts Button checked.
Tab again to, Mail Button.
Tab again to, Calendar Button.
Tab again to, Settings Button.
Tab again to, Contacts.
Tab again to, New contact Button.
Tab again to, Search Edit.
Tab again to, List of contacts List box, Showing all Link.
Tab again to the contact list, C*****, F***, keep this contact highlighted.
Tab again, I hear C.
Tab again, I hear, C*** F***.
Tab again, C*** F***, Profile List box, Email Personal c***@***.com, press the
Spacebar.
*Tip, the nice thing about doing it this way, the email is filled in for you in
the too field.
So after pressing the spacebar on the Email Personal button, you land in the
subject field.
Type the subject, Tab to the email body, type your message, press ALT+S, to
send.
You land back on the Email Personal button, in the people app.
So when you opened the people app, the mail app is still opened.
Press ALT+Tab, to switch between the Mail app and the People app.
Press ALT+F4, close the people app.
Now when you are back in the Mail app, you are still on, switch to people.
Press Shift+Tab, you will land on the switch to calendar button, press the
Spacebar.
For example, on my computer I hear.
Calendar April 2017, Today, Thursday, March 30, 2017, no events Button
Tab one time, I hear, 78° Partly Sunny Button.
Tab again, I hear, Friday, March 31, 2017, no events Button.
Tab again, I hear the forcast for tomorrow, 61° / 43° Rain Showers Button.
Press ALT+F4, close the calendar app.
*Tip, at the bottom of this lesson, I will include some Microsoft pages showing
how to use Mail, People, and the calendar app.
**Press Control+E, search edit, Tab four times to your message list, highlight
a message.
Tab one time to, Navigation button collapsed, press the Spacebar.
You will hear, Popup Navigation Button expanded
Tab one time to, New mail Button.
Tab again to, Manage accounts Button.
Tab again to, All accounts List box, Outlook p****@***.com 15, 1 of 2
Tab again to, Folders Button.
Tab again to, Favorites List box, Inbox folder, 15 unread, favorite, 1 of 3
Tab again to, More Button.
Tab again to, Switch to calendar Button.
Tab again to, Switch to People Button.
Tab again to, Settings Button.
*As you can hear, after expanding this button, things read a little differently
as you Tabbed across the screen.
*Tip, you can troubleshoot any email accounts you add to the mail app in the
settings area of W-10.
For example, do the following.
Press Windows+I, for settings, Tab one time.
Right arrow to, Accounts, press Enter, tab one time.
Down arrow to, Email and app accounts, press the Enter key.
Tab two times to, on my computer, list of two accounts.
My outlook.com account, below that, my I P Provider account.
For example, I will Down arrow and highlight my Provider account, now if there
are any issues, I will see a message here, now I will press Enter on this
account.
After pressing Enter, Tab one time to, Manage account, press Enter to open this
settings window for your selected account.
*Tip, you can fix many common issues with your mail app accounts right here in
the settings area.
I wish there was more I could teach you about using the Mail, People, and
Calendar apps in W-10.
*Please read below, I have included many help pages and answers to many
questions about using the Mail, People, and Calendar apps.
As always, all your feedback is welcome at all times about my short lessons.
You can use keyboard shortcuts in Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 to do
many common tasks, such as compose a new email message, reply to a meeting
invitation,  and  so on. The keyboard shortcuts are especially helpful if you
use assistive technologies.
A quick reference of the most frequently used shortcuts appears first.
In this article
Quick reference - Frequently used shortcuts
All shortcuts, Mail app in Windows 10
All shortcuts, Calendar app in Windows 10
Quick reference - Frequently used shortcuts
Frequent navigation shortcuts
**This is the Start of the keystrokes.
To do this, Press.
Switch to Inbox, Ctrl + Shift + L
Switch to Calendar, Ctrl + 2.
Switch to Mail, Ctrl + 1.
Move to a different region, F6.
Search, Ctrl + E.
Zoom in, Ctrl + + (Ctrl and plus sign).
Zoom out, Ctrl + - (Ctrl and minus sign).
Frequent Mail shortcuts.
To do this, Press.
Reply to a message, Ctrl + R.
Create a message, Ctrl + N.
Add an attachment, Alt + 1.
Send a message, Alt + S.
Delete a message or conversation, Ctrl + D.

*Frequent Calendar shortcuts
To do this, Press.
Create an appointment, Ctrl+N.
Delete an appointment, Ctrl+D.
Accept a meeting invitation, Alt+C.
Decline a meeting invitation, Alt+D.
Show my calendar in Day view, Ctrl+Alt+1.
Show my calendar in Work Week view, Ctrl+Alt+2.

*All shortcuts, Mail app in Windows 10
To do this, Press.
Toggle the important property on a conversation, CTRL+SHIFT+G.
Delete a conversation, CTRL+D.
Delete a conversation, DEL.
Archive a conversation, BACKSPACE.
Reply to current mail, CTRL+R.
Forward current mail, CTRL+F.
Search, CTRL+E.
Search, F3.
Accept Meeting Invitation, Alt+C.
Decline Meeting Invitation, Alt+D.
Tentative Meeting Invitation, Alt+N.
Create a new mail, CTRL+N.
Create a new mail, CTRL+SHIFT+M.
Move to View, CTRL+SHIFT+V.
Switch to calendar, CTRL+2.
Switch to Inbox, CTRL+SHIFT+I.
Switch to Outbox, CTRL+SHIFT+O.
Add Attachment, ALT+I.
Account Manual Sync, CTRL+M.
Account Manual Sync, F9.
Zoom in, CTRL++.
Zoom out, CTRL+-.
Send mail, ALT+S.
Send mail, ctrl + Enter.
Move between regions, F6.
Toggle Caret Browsing, F7.

*All shortcuts, Calendar app in Windows 10
To do this, Press.
Switch to Mail, CTRL+1.
Remove appointments orr meetings, CTRL+D.
Add recurrence, CTRL+G.
Reply, CTRL+R.
Save  changes on a calendar item, CTRL+S.
Save  changes on a calendar item, ALT+S.
Forward calendar item, CTRL+F.
New Appointment, CTRL+N.
Today, HOME, Show Day view, CTRL+ALT+1.
Show Work Week view, CTRL+ALT+2.
Show Week view, CTRL+ALT+3.
Show Month view, CTRL+ALT+4.
For more information on Mail and Calendar apps, Look up, Mail and Calendar for
Windows 10 FAQ.
**How to section.
**Add a new email account
list of 4 items
1.  The first time you open the Mail app, you'll see a Welcome page. Choose Add
account there to get started. Otherwise, at the bottom of the left navigation
pane, choose Settings
Settings icon
> Manage Accounts > Add account.
Note: On a phone or tablet, choose the three dots at the bottom of the page to
access Settings.
2.  Choose the type of the account you want to add.
Universal Outlook Choose account
3.  Enter the required information and choose Sign in. For most accounts, this
is your email address and password.
Notes: If you choose Google, you'll need to sign in to your Google account,
enter your 2-step verification code if you've enabled that security feature,
and give Windows permission to access  your information. Choose Allow and your
account will be created.
If you receive the message "We couldn't find info for that account. Make sure
that the email address is correct and then try again," you'll need to choose
Try again three times before the button changes to Advanced. Choose Advanced
and follow the steps in the
next section
to add your account.
4.  Choose Done. Your data will start syncing as soon as your account is set up.
list end
Note: It may take a few minutes for your account to synchronize. During this
time, you may see Not synced yet in the message pane. If this message persists,
see
Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

*Special instructions for adding a Yahoo! account
For enhanced security, Microsoft will be adding OAuth support for Yahoo!
accounts in a future update. Until then, see
I can't sync my Yahoo! account with Mail for Windows 10
for instructions on how to set up two-step verification for your Yahoo! account.
Add an account using advanced setup
There are two ways you can access the Advanced setup options for your email
account.
list of 2 items
*  Choose Advanced setup if your automatic email setup fails in Step 3 above.
*  Choose Advanced setup from the Choose an account window in Step 2 above. The
Advanced setup option is the last option on the list, and you may have
to scroll to see it.
list end
Enter the following information in the Advanced setup window.
list of 9 items
*   Account name This is the name you'll see in the left pane of the Mail app.
*   Your name This is the name that your message recipients will see when  you
email them.
*   Incoming email server You can get this information from your ISP or
administrator. Usually, an incoming mail server address is in the format of
mail.contoso.com.
*   Account type Choose POP3 or IMAP4. If you don't know which one to pick,
contact your ISP or administrator.
*   Email address This is your full email address, for example t...@contoso.com.
*   User name Most email accounts use your full email address as your user name.
*   Password Enter your email account password.
*   Outgoing (SMTP) email server You can get this information from your ISP or
administrator. Usually, an outgoing email server address is in the format
of mail.contoso.com or smtp.contoso.com.
*  By default, all four checkboxes at the bottom of the window will be checked.
Most email accounts don't require any changes to these options.
list end
Once you've entered the required information, choose Sign in > Done.
Note: If you're adding a Yahoo! account, see
Special instructions for adding a Yahoo! account.

*Troubleshooting
If you're having problems setting up your account, try the following.
list of 3 items
*  Make sure your email address and password are correct. Passwords are
case-sensitive.
*  If you see your most recent messages but no older messages, you probably
need to
change your email sync duration.
*  If you see a message that your account is out-of-date, you probably need to
either update your password, your incoming or outgoing servers, or  your
SSL settings. See
Fixing an out-of-date account
for more information.
list end
If you want to remove an account, see
Delete an email account from Mail and Calendar apps.

*Delete an account from the Mail and Calendar apps
list of 3 items
1.  In either the Mail or Calendar apps, choose Settings in the lower-left
corner.
Settings
Note: If you're using a phone or tablet, choose More
More icon
at the bottom of the page to see the Settings option.
Outlook Mail Settings icon
2.  Choose Manage Accounts, and then choose the account that you want to remove.
Accounts in Mail app
3.  Choose Delete account. If you don't see the Delete account option, you're
probably trying to remove the default email account added when you logged
on to Windows 10. You can
turn off email from this account
instead.
Note: The Delete account option removes the account from the Mail and Calendar
apps, but does not affect the account itself. For example, if you remove
an Outlook.com account from the Mail and Calendar apps, you can still access
that account using another email client or on the web at
https://outlook.com.
Delete accounts in the Mail app
list end

*Turn off email for an account
If you want to disable email for an account, either because you can't delete
the default account or because you only want to use an account for your
calendar,
you can modify the sync settings for the account.
list of 4 items
1.  Choose Settings in the lower-left corner.
Note: If you're using a phone or tablet, choose More
More icon
at the bottom of the page to see the Settings option.
2.  Choose Manage Accounts, and then choose the account you no longer want to
receive email from.
3.  Choose Change mailbox sync settings, then scroll down to Sync options.
4.  Use the slider to set Email to Off and then choose Done > Save.
list end
If Change mailbox sync settings is dimmed and you can't access it, see
Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

*Are you looking for Contacts in the Mail app for Windows 10?
The Mail app uses the
People app
for Windows 10 to store contact information. When you open a new message in
Mail for Windows 10, start typing a contact's name or email address and Mail
for Windows 10 will search the People app and display a list of suggestions for
you to choose from. If the program can't find the right person, you can
choose Search Directory.
If you add an Outlook.com account to Mail for Windows 10, your Outlook.com
contacts are automatically stored in the People app.
Send an email to a contact stored in the People app
If you know the contact's name or email address, you can start typing the first
few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will
suggest matching contacts.
*Choose a contact saved in the People app
Choose a contact to add their email address to the To line of your email. If no
match is found or the suggestions don't include the address you need, choose
Search Directory.
*Send an email to a contact from the People app
You can also send an email directly from the People app.
list of 8 items
1.  In the lower left corner of Windows 10, choose the Start button
Windows 10 Start button.
2.   Begin typing People, and in the left pane, when Windows suggests the
People app, choose the app to open it.
Type People in Windows 10
3.   In the top left Search box, type the name of the person you want to send
an email message to.
4.  Windows will suggest one or  more matches. Choose the one you want to send
the email message to.
5.  In the person's contact profile, click their email address.
The contact must have a valid email address
Note: The contact name you choose must have a valid email address.
6.  When you are prompted to choose an email app, click Mail. If it applies,
check the Always use this app box.
Pick the email app you want to use
7.  If you have several accounts associated with your Mail app, select the
account you want to send the email message from.
Choose an account to send an email from
8.  In Mail, fill in the Subject line and the body of the message, and click
Send.
Fill in the Subject and body of the email, and click Send.
list end.

With the Mail app on Windows 10, you can quickly read and respond to messages
from multiple accounts, send files and pictures, and set up an automatic
reply when you're away. You can access the Mail app on any Windows 10 computer
or device, including phones.
For information on setting up your email accounts, see
Set up email in Mail for Windows 10.
If you're having problems sending or receiving messages, or you can't see some
or all of your messages or calendar entries, see
Where are my email messages or events?

*Compose and send messages
When you create a new message, you can change fonts, add files, images, tables,
and links, set the message importance, check spelling, zoom in or out,
or find text within the message.
Notes: You cannot set the default font or text color for all new messages. Any
changes you make apply only to the message you're currently composing.
Mail for Windows 10 doesn't allow you to set read receipts on your outgoing
messages.
Create a new message
To create a new message in Mail for Windows 10, choose New mail. If you don't
see New mail, choose the + symbol.
Choose New mail to compose a new message
Choose the + to compose a new message
If you have use Mail for Windows 10 with multiple email addresses and you
haven't linked your inboxes, choosing New mail will open a new message with
whatever
email account you're currently viewing.
If you have linked the inboxes from multiple email addresses, choosing New mail
will display a list of your linked email addresses for you to choose from.
Pick your preferred email address to open a new message.
Choose your account to send a new message
To add recipients, you can type an email address in the To field or choose the
Add recipients icon
Add recipients to your email message
to see a list of your contacts. If you want to Cc or Bcc someone, choose the Cc
& Bcc option.
When you're done composing your message, choose Send. If you decide not to keep
your message, choose Discard. If you don't choose one of these options
and move to another message in the message list, Mail for Windows 10 will save
your new message in the Drafts folder. If you want to return to it later,
just choose the Drafts folder and then pick  your message from the list of
drafts. Finish composing your message and then choose Send.
*Change fonts, check spelling, and add images, files, tables, and links
Mail for Windows 10 supports a full range of fonts, font sizes, colors, and
special formatting options. You can also insert files, pictures, links, and
tables. Finally, you can check your spelling, set an importance, zoom in or
out, and search within your message.
list of 3 items
*   Change fonts and highlight text
To change your font in a new message, use the bold, italic, and underline
buttons on the Format tab or use the drop-down to the right of the underline
button to choose a specific font and font size, add highlighting, or change
your font color.
Format tab in Outlook Mail app
Note: You cannot set the default font or text color for all new messages. Any
changes you make apply only to the message you're currently composing.
*   Insert files, tables, pictures, and links
Use the Insert tab to add a variety of different types of content to your
message.
Insert tab in an email
Note: The Insert tab won't let you add tables, pictures, or links unless your
cursor is in the message body. If you're still editing the To field or the
message subject, these options won't be available.
Choose the Files option to add an attachment to your email message.
To insert a picture so that the recipient sees the picture in the body of the
email message, choose Pictures.
Note: You can insert pictures as either files or pictures. If you choose files,
the picture may not be displayed when the recipient opens the email message,
however the recipient can still open the picture by double-clicking on the
attached file.
To add a table, choose Table. By default, a table with three rows and three
columns is inserted in your message. You can choose Delete to delete a row
or a column or Insert to insert a row or a column. Use the other buttons that
appear on the toolbar to customize the look and feel of your table.
If you want to add a hyperlink to a website, choose Link. If you want to
display something other than the URL or address for the link, fill out the Text
to display field. Otherwise, you can leave that field blank. Once you've filled
out the Address field with the URL of the link, choose Insert.
*   Check spelling, set an importance for your email, zoom, or search within
your message

*Options tab in Outlook Mail app
To check spelling, choose the Spelling button. Spell check uses your default
language in Windows, but you can choose the drop-down next to Spelling to
pick a different spell check language.
If your message is very important, you can choose the exclamation point. Many
email programs will display high priority messages differently than those
without the high priority designation. If your message is not important, for
example, an FYI that your recipient doesn't need to read quickly, you can
choose the down arrow to mark your message as low priority.
Do you need to search within your message for a word or phrase? Choose Find,
then type the word or phrase. Every instance of the word or phrase will be
highlighted.
Choose Zoom to change how your new message is displayed while you're composing
it. This doesn't affect your font size in any way.
Note: Mail for Windows 10 doesn't allow you to set read receipts for your
outgoing messages or create rules that automatically forward or move messages
into folders.
list end

*Read and respond to messages
Once you've added an account to Mail for Windows 10, you can start using the
app to read and respond to messages. All new messages appear in the message
list to the left of the reading pane.
Note: You can't hide the message list or the reading pane in Mail for Windows
10.
You can reply, reply all, forward, delete, and flag an email message from the
toolbar at the top of the message. If you select More
More icon
, you can take additional actions, such as marking the message as unread,
moving the message to another folder, searching within the message, navigating
between messages, saving the message as an .eml file, and printing the message.
Reading messages
All of your messages are displayed in the message list. When you first set up
your email, your messages are grouped by conversation (subject) and the first
few words of the email message are displayed in the message list below the
subject. To read a message, select it in the message list and the message will
open in the reading pane. You can't turn off the reading pane, move the reading
pane, or open the message in a new window.
list of 4 items
*   Mark messages as read
When you move from one message to the next in the message list, Mail for
Windows 10 automatically marks the message as read. You can turn this off or
choose
a different behavior by choosing Settings > Reading and selecting one of the
options for marking an item as read.
*   Turn off group by conversation or hide the first few words of the message
Choose Settings > Reading. Scroll down to the Conversation section and use the
sliders to turn Show preview text and/or Show messages arranged by conversation
either on or off. If you have multiple accounts, your choice for Show messages
arranged by conversation applies only to the account shown in the Select
an account drop-down.
*   Download content
If you see an X or a placeholder where an image should be or you see a notice
that some content in your message wasn't downloaded, you can scroll down
to the bottom of the message to choose Download messages and pictures. To
change this setting for all messages so all content downloads automatically,
choose Settings > Reading.Under External content, choose your account and then
turn Automatically download external images and style formatson.
*   Use caret browsing
Caret browsing allows you to click in the reading pane and place your cursor
anywhere on a line of text. You can then use your arrow keys to navigate up
or down line by line or side to side character by character within your
message. Caret browsing is turned off by default. To turn it on, choose Settings
> Reading. Under Caret browsing, use the slider to turn the feature on.
list end

*Responding to messages
When you reply, reply all, or forward a message, the original message is
included. You can't change this behavior, but you can select all of the text in
that message and delete it.
Note: When you reply to a message, the original message is included in the
reply, but any attachments are not. If you forward the message, the entire
message,
including attachments, is sent to the recipient.
Type your reply, add any necessary attachments, tables, pictures, or links, and
then choose Send in the upper right to send your message. If you decide
you don't want to send your message, choose Discard.
*Flagging your messages
You can set a flag on messages you want to be able to easily find. To set a
flag, choose the Set flag option in the reading pane. Choose Clear flag to
remove a flag.
You can filter your message list to only show flagged items by choosing the
drop-down next to All in the message list and choosing Flagged.
*Working with drafts
If you don't send or discard your message, it's automatically saved in your
Drafts folder. To return to your draft, select the Drafts folder, then select
your message. When you're done editing your message, choose Send.
If your inbox shows messages by conversation, any draft replies and forwards
will also show up in your inbox grouped with the original message. If you
turn off arrange by conversation, these drafts will only be visible in the
Drafts folder.
*Handling junk
Junk email, or spam, is a common problem. If you receive an email message
that's obviously junk mail, you can right-click the message in the message list
and choose Move to Junk. This removes the message from your inbox and sends it
to a Junk folder. You can only choose one message at a time to move to junk.
Tip: Not all email accounts support Move to Junk.
*Customizing your view
Mail for Windows 10 doesn't support moving, hiding, or resizing the reading
pane or the message list. You can expand or collapse the folder pane by choosing
Show or hide the folder pane
If you collapse the folder pane, you can create a new message by choosing the +
symbol.
*My emails take too long to arrive or I can't find older messages
Mail for Windows 10 checks for email at regular intervals. If you want to check
for mail more frequently or access older messages, you can change your
sync settings.
list of 2 items
1.  Choose Settings
Settings
> Manage Accounts, and select the account you want to change.
2.  Choose Change Mailbox sync settings.
Change your sync options for your account
list of 2 items nesting level 1
*  To check for new messages more frequently, under Download new content,
select the interval that's right for you.
Note: The default setting is based on my usage, which takes into account the
number of messages you receive, your internet connection, and your battery
life.
***  To see older messages, under Download email from, choose any time.

*My purpose for developing all of this free material for the Blind computer
user is to help teach and assist a Blind person to use w-10 with a Screen
reader like Jaws.
*My hope is that the Blind computer user will grow in confidence, in their
ability, to use, and to navigate the w-10 computer system, using just Jaws.
*We also have group members, to can help teach about using NVDA, on a W-10
computer as well.
*This is one of many tutorials, I hope to produce, for the Blind community, to
help teach all of them, how to use a W-10 computer using Jaws.
*My hope is , That over time, they would learn how to do, and complete, various
computer tasks in W-10, all by themselves.
*The W-10 and Jaws yahoo group is a freely provided ministry of The River Yahoo
group.
*I freely offer the W-10 and Jaws group, and all of its materials, as a free
and voluntary work of love, to reach out and teach all the blind computer users
all over the world, how to learn how to use a W-10 computer using Jaws.

You can subscribe to The River group at:

the-river-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

Happy learning! God bless!
Sincerely: Jim Flusche.
Windows 10 and Jaws Yahoo group.

Your humble pinhead!
Owner of the W-10 and Jaws Yahoo group! Smiles.