From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Brian Lee
Sent: April 13, 2017 8:06 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Print view in MS word

Hello John,

It is really best to work in print view when using Word.  Keystrokes such as
Alt key with delete report the distance in inches between the cursor
position and the edge of the paper.  As you tab you also hear the distance
from the left edge of the paper.  When JAWS says that the cursor is one inch
from the left, this indicates there is a one-inch margin.  Working in print
view gives you a lot better understanding of how your document will appear
when printed.

In Word 2010, CTRL with F does not perform the traditional Find command and
take focus into the Find tab of the Find and Replace dialog box.  CTRL with
F takes focus into the navigation pane.  You can do a search in the
navigation pane and use the next button to go from result to result but to
get into the document to read the result you need to use shift key with F6.
After reviewing the result you can use F6 to go back into the navigation
pane and use the Next button again.  In order to return the CTRL with F to
launching the Find and Replace dialog box you need to apply the keystroke to
the Editfind command.

1.      Press Alt F to display the File tab of the ribbon.
2.      Press Alt T to display Word Options.
3.      Use down arrow key in the categories of options until you get to
Customize Ribbon.
4.      Tab until you find the Customize button and use spacebar.
5.      In the Categories list move focus to the Home Tab.
6.      In the Commands list locate EditFind.  You can press the letter E
and then use down arrow until you get to it.  Press enter key.
7.      Use the tab key to the Press New Shortcut Key box.
8.      Press CTRL+F.  A message in the box shows that the keystroke is
being used for a different command.
9.      Tab to and press spacebar on the Assign button.
10.     Tab to the Close button and use spacebar.
11.     Tab to OK and press spacebar.

I am not sure but you might need to restart Word for the change to apply.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net