The current thread about browsers has renewed my interest in using Chrome as
more than an occasional backup. However, my copy of Chrome had problems that I
couldn't fix. For example, it always opened with the "open file" dialog. I
couldn't get Settings to give me any options, such as setting my homepage. So I
uninstalled it with the intention of reinstalling. Now here's my problem. I
keep getting the following message:

Installation failed. Another installation of a Google application is in
progress.

After first getting this message, I ran CCleaner and then rebooted. I tried
again to install Chrome, only to get the same message.

Note: I did not run CCleaner's registry option and don't want to mess in any
way with the registry.

Any ideas?