From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Hackert, Matt
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:23 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Microsoft Access Large Tables

Hello list,

I've got an issue I've been fighting with for a long time, and just recently
was told about this list!  Here's my issue in short - I have an Access
database with a table with about 12,000 records.  Starting at version 17,
when I open the table in Datasheet view, JAWS and Access crash if I attempt
to either go to the ribbons or use the Application key.

I have seen this in Office 2010, 2013 and 2016, on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10,
on various hardware, desktops and laptops.

In JAWS 16 and earlier, no issue.

VFO support tried using my database on the latest JAWS build and Office 2016
(back in January), and claimed they could not replicate the problem. (?)

In general, I like to keep running the current version of things, if for no
other reason than the security updates, and it's kind of a pain if I want to
go in and sort or filter my table to find certain things.

Anyone out here have some thoughts?  Appreciate all your help!

Kind regards,
Matt

Communications Instructor - Nebraska Center for the Blind
Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
4600 Valley Rd.
Ste. 100
Lincoln, NE.  68510
Phone: (402) 471-8121