From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of John O'Regan
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 3:40 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] How can I lock the JAWS key?

Dear List,

Imagine you had one hand and you could only press one key at a time.
In NVDA, you could turn on Sticky Keys by pressing Shift 5 times and then
lock the NVDA key by pressing it twice.  This would enable you to press F12
twice quickly to hear the date (and not the time).

Is it possible to do the same in JAWS?  And yes, I know all about Settings
Centre > Default > User > Insert Key Mode.  It doesn't work.
And don't tell me to use my thumb and forefinger.  I want to know if it's
possible to make JAWS speak the date by pressing only one key at a time.

TIA!

John