Hi LeDon,

Here's to add to what Justin has posted:
PlaceMarkers
A PlaceMarker is a bookmark that you can easily add to a Web page, HTML,
PDF, or Word document, or form to mark a location. This is useful when you
want to return to commonly used areas on a Web page, important sections or
paragraphs of an HTML document, or specific parts, such as required fields,
of a complicated form. PlaceMarkers can be defined as temporary or permanent
and can be anchored to text, elements of the current Web page, or to a Web
site's domain. Multiple PlaceMarkers can be added to HTML or PDF documents,
while only one can be added to a Word document.

The following describes how to add, rename, or delete PlaceMarkers. If you
are not familiar with PlaceMarkers and need more information, refer to
Important PlaceMarker Concepts. For additional PlaceMarker operation, refer
to Advanced PlaceMarker Usage. For general information about using
PlaceMarkers in a Word document, refer to Marking and Returning to a
PlaceMarker in Word.

Adding a Temporary PlaceMarker
To quickly add a temporary PlaceMarker, do the following:

  1.. Open a Web page, other HTML document, or Word document.
  2.. Move the virtual cursor to the location on the page where you want to
put the PlaceMarker.
  3.. Press CTRL+WINDOWS Key+K. A temporary PlaceMarker now appears on the
page.

  You can always jump to it using any of the following Navigation Quick
Keys: K, SHIFT+K, SHIFT+ number row keys 7 through 0, or CTRL+SHIFT+K. (The
last keystroke opens the PlaceMarker List. Select Temporary from the list,
and then choose the Move To button.)
Selecting Between the Temporary PlaceMarker and the Cursor Position
To select text between a temporary PlaceMarker and your current position in
a Web page, HTML document, or Word document, do the following:

  1.. Press CTRL+WINDOWS Key+k to set a temporary PlaceMarker.
  2.. Navigate to another location on the Web page or document, then press
INSERT+SPACEBAR, M. All text between the temporary PlaceMarker and your
current cursor position is selected and ready to be copied to the Clipboard.
This method is often easier than using the SHIFT Key in conjunction with the
ARROW keys when attempting to select large blocks of text.

Adding Permanent PlaceMarkers to Web Pages or HTML Documents
To add a PlaceMarker, do the following:

  1.. Open a Web page or other HTML document.
  2.. Move the virtual cursor to the location on the page where you want to
put the PlaceMarker.
  3.. Press CTRL+SHIFT+K and then ENTER.
  The Add PlaceMarker dialog box opens with focus in the Name edit field. It
contains text that appears at the cursor location. If you want to change the
PlaceMarker name, type a new name in this field; otherwise, press TAB to
move to the next control.
  4.. The Define for All Pages on Current Domain check box is cleared by
default, which allows the PlaceMarker to be anchored only to the current Web
page or HTML document. If you want to use this PlaceMarker so that it is
anchored to all pages within the current domain instead, press SPACEBAR to
select the check box. Press TAB to move to the next control.
  5.. The Anchor to Text check box is cleared by default. Select this check
box if you want to link the PlaceMarker with specific text, such as a
heading, that appears on the page. This can be useful on frequently updated
Web pages where text and elements tend to drift from their original
position. When selected, the next control, Anchor Text edit field,
automatically populates using the original text in the Name edit field. This
guarantees that the PlaceMarker will always be associated with this text on
the Web page.
  6.. Press TAB to navigate to the OK button and press SPACEBAR to close the
dialog box and save the PlaceMarker.
Renaming PlaceMarkers
To change the name of a PlaceMarker, do the following:

  1.. Open the page containing the PlaceMarker you want to rename.
  2.. Press CTRL+SHIFT+K to display a list of PlaceMarkers on this page.
  3.. Use the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW keys to select the PlaceMarker.
  4.. Press SPACEBAR on the Change Name button or press ALT+C.
  5.. Enter a new name for the PlaceMarker and then press SPACEBAR on the OK
button.
Removing PlaceMarkers
To remove one or more PlaceMarkers, do the following:

  1.. Open the page containing the PlaceMarker you want to delete.
  2.. Press CTRL+SHIFT+K to display a list of all PlaceMarkers on the
current page.
  3.. Use the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW keys to select a PlaceMarker.
  4.. Press SPACEBAR on the Remove button or press ALT+R to delete the
PlaceMarker.
Tip: If you want to delete all PlaceMarkers for this page, press SPACEBAR on
the Remove All button or press ALT+L.

Important PlaceMarker Concepts
The following sections, PlaceMarker Keystrokes, Temporary versus Permanent
PlaceMarkers, and URL versus Domain PlaceMarkers, are key to understanding
PlaceMarkers with JAWS.

PlaceMarker Keystrokes for Web Pages, HTML Documents, or Forms
  a.. Press CTRL+WINDOWS Key+K to insert a temporary PlaceMarker.
  b.. Press INSERT+SPACEBAR, M to select text between the temporary
PlaceMarker and your current cursor position.
  c.. Press CTRL+SHIFT+K to open the PlaceMarker List dialog box to add a
new PlaceMarker, rename or change existing PlaceMarker parameters, jump to
PlaceMarkers, or delete PlaceMarkers.
  d.. Press K to jump to the next PlaceMarker.
  e.. Press SHIFT+K to jump to the previous PlaceMarker.
  f.. Press number row keys 7 through 0 to hear the content of PlaceMarkers
1 through 4.
  g.. Press SHIFT+ number row keys 7 through 0 to jump to PlaceMarkers 1
through 4.
  h.. Press ALT+WINDOWS Key+K to speak all of the PlaceMarkers on a Web page
or in an HTML document.
PlaceMarker Keystrokes for Word Documents
  a.. Press CTRL+WINDOWS Key+K to set a PlaceMarker at the current cursor
position. Only one PlaceMarker can be set per Word document.
  b.. Press ALT+WINDOWS Key+K to return to the marker in a Word document.
  c.. Press INSERT+SPACEBAR, M to select text or items from the marker to
the current cursor position.
Temporary Versus Permanent PlaceMarkers
You can add a temporary PlaceMarker anywhere on a Web page by pressing
CTRL+WINDOWS Key+K. This lets you easily mark a spot that you can return to
later by pressing K. Only one temporary PlaceMarker may be set per Web page.
If you later decide to move the temporary PlaceMarker to a different place
on the Web page, just move the Virtual Cursor to that new location and press
CTRL+WINDOWS Key+K again.

If you want to make the temporary PlaceMarker permanent, press CTRL+SHIFT+K
to open the PlaceMarker List dialog box and add it to the list, which lets
you keep and maintain multiple PlaceMarkers on the Web page, HTML document,
or form. The last location where you set a temporary PlaceMarker is saved
until you move it again, or remove the PlaceMarker from the PlaceMarkers
List dialog. You can browse to other Web pages, exit JAWS, even restart your
computer, and your temporary and permanent PlaceMarkers are preserved.

URL Versus Domain PlaceMarkers
JAWS lets you assign PlaceMarkers to either the current Web address (the URL
displayed in the Address bar) or domain (the overall Web site name). The URL
(uniform resource locator) is the Web address displayed in the address bar.
You can only use PlaceMarkers assigned to the current URL when you are
visiting that page.

Individual Web pages are contained within a domain. The domain's name is
usually the first portion of the page's Web address and ends with .com,
.net, .org, .gov, .edu, or similar suffix. When you add a domain PlaceMarker
to a Web page, you can use that PlaceMarker on any page within the current
domain. Since many sites use a consistent design for all of their pages, the
placement of links, graphics, buttons, and form fields is often similar. If
this is the case, you can use a single domain PlaceMarker to navigate many
other pages on the site.

For example, if a Web site has a Search box located at the top of each page,
you can put a domain PlaceMarker there named "Search." You can then use this
PlaceMarker to move to the Search box on any page in the domain, regardless
of the URL.

Advanced PlaceMarker Usage
The following describes other ways to customize and display PlaceMarkers.

Sharing PlaceMarkers
You can use Settings Packager to share your PlaceMarkers for a Web site with
other JAWS users. Settings Packager is a program that lets you save speech
and sound schemes, PlaceMarkers, and personalized Web settings in a
compressed .zip file that you can send in an e-mail message, post on a Web
site, or copy to removable storage media. You can also use Settings Packager
to import the settings contained in these .zip files into JAWS. To start
Settings Packager, press INSERT+F2, select "Settings Packager," and press
ENTER. For more information on using this program, open the Settings
Packager Help menu and choose Help Topics.

To share your PlaceMarkers with other JAWS users without using Settings
Packager:

  1.. Open your JAWS user settings folder from the Start Menu, All Programs,
JAWS X (where X is the JAWS version number), Explore JAWS, Explore My
Settings.
  2.. Move to the PlaceMarkers folder and press ENTER.
  3.. PlaceMarker information is stored in .PMI files. Locate the .PMI file
with the same name as the page containing the PlaceMarkers you want to
share.
  4.. Copy this file and distribute it to other users. These users then need
to copy the .PMI file on their PlaceMarkers folder by going to the Start
Menu, All Programs, JAWS X (where X is the JAWS version number), Explore
JAWS, Explore My Settings and open the PlaceMarkers folder. The users can
now navigate that HTML page with your PlaceMarkers.
Custom Page Summary
When you open an HTML page, the Custom Page Summary feature automatically
lists each PlaceMarker on the page and its associated text. This lets you
quickly review the text located near your PlaceMarkers so you can hear any
changes or updates to those areas of the page. To enable or disable this
feature, do the following:

  1.. Open Settings Center (INSERT+F2) or Quick Settings (INSERT+V).
  2.. In the Search edit box, type "PlaceMarker" without the quotes.
  3.. Press DOWN ARROW to move to Custom PlaceMarker Page Summary in the
filtered results of the tree view. (Note that for Web browsers, this option
appears in both the Virtual Cursor Options group and the Personalized Web
Settings group.)
  4.. Press SPACEBAR to toggle through the following settings.
  a.. Select "Speak PlaceMarkers on Page Load" to have JAWS read the name of
each PlaceMarker on the current page as well as the text that appears near
the PlaceMarker's location.
  b.. Select "List PlaceMarkers in Results Viewer on Page Load" to have JAWS
display the PlaceMarker information for the page in the Results Viewer. The
Results Viewer provides a link with the name of the PlaceMarker and the text
that appears near the PlaceMarker's location on the page. You can use the
ARROW keys to move to a link and then press ENTER to move to that
PlaceMarker.
  c.. Select "Do Nothing" to have JAWS provide a custom page summary.
See also:

PlaceMarkers in Word

      Back

     Next

Take care.
Mike

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the