SATA drives do boast a hot connection. I have a 500 and a one terabyte in this system and they do transfer data quickly for sure.

-----Original Message----- From: Dave...Oregonian
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 9:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] question about large external hard drives

Yes, now I will insert a caveat that these are running on an XP operating
system at 32 bits. I hear that access times are affected by this
combination, but I do have full access to the 4 Tb. And these are internal
drives connected using SATA.

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ferrin" <ow...@jaws-users.com>