Thank you. This is very helpful since most of the work I am doing is in Word.

Vicki

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Lee" <brianl...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] adding accent marks with JAWS

Hello Vicki,

In addition to the many suggestions you received, I thought I would mention that when using Word you can use a combination of Word keystrokes to produce several accented characters. Further down in this message is a table of some of them.

In Word, you can use AutoCorrect to always use the accent you want. Go into Word options. In the category list arrow down to the Proofing category. Tab to the AutoCorrect button and use spacebar. In the Replace edit combo box type the spelling without the accent. Tab to the With edit box and type the word with the accented characters. Use the OK button until back in the document.

For example, You could use Therese in the Replace box and then use the accent on the first E when typing in the With box. If the first E is an E grave you would type it by using CTRL with the tilde key followed immediately by the E.

To produce

Press

à, è, ì, ò, ù
À, È, Ì, Ò, Ù