Hi Steve,

Many thanks for this, it is much appreciated.

Paul.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Friday 10 November 2017 21:52
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Good replacement media player for Windows 10!

Why do you want to replace Windows Media Player.  It is available for
Windows 10.
It does everything you want, and as far as I'm aware, it is quite accessible
with Jaws.

If you have the enterprise or the European version of Windows 10, then you
need to download it, because it doesn't come standard on those versions.

Here's how you can find Windows Media Player:

Click Start > All Apps > scroll down to W and click Windows Media Player

or

Press Windows key + R

Type: wmplayer.exe

Hit Enter

Right click and pin it to your Taskbar.

Still not finding Windows Media Player?

If you are running Windows 10 N or K or KN editions, Windows Media Player is

not included. You will need to download then install the Windows Feature
Pack.

If you don't find it, press Windows key + R

Type: optionalfeatures.exe

Hit Enter

Expand Media Features

Make sure Media Player is checked.

If the option is not available:

Press Windows key + R

Type: winver

Hit Enter

Does it say Windows 10 Home N or Windows 10 Pro N anywhere on the dialog?

If it does, then you will need to download and install Windows Feature Pack:

Microsoft had updated it for the November Update, you can download from the
following link:

If you are running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, you can download the
latest version from the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356

Steve