LOL!  Make that sharp cheddar.

Vince

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike B." <mike9...@gmx.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2018 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] openbook

Hi Cheddar,

Below are steps on how to use Jaws in Openbook:
These are steps on how you can turn sleep mode off or make any other changes
in the Settings Center for any program installed on your computer without
the particular / target program running.  Below are steps using Openbook &
turning off sleep mode as an example.  When you shift + tab into
the application list & find the application you want, you need to tab 1 time
into the Settings Center for that application.  Pressing enter on the
application closes the Settings Center.  So, here is how I accessed the
Openbook Settings Center:
1. While in Outlook Express I pressed Insert key + 6, on the number row
above the main keyboard to open the Outlook Express Settings Center.
2. I invoked the keystroke, shift + tab, to get into the application list.
3. I pressed the letter O, until I had Openbook highlighted.
4. I tabbed 1 time into the Openbook Settings Center.
5. I Typed, sleep, into the search edit field & waited a few seconds for the list to populate & arrowed down to Sleep Mode ..... miscellaneous, & pressed
enter.
6. Now, right here the spacebar needs to be pressed to toggle the options
until Jaws reports, sleep mode Disable.
7. Tab to apply, press the spacebar, tab to okay, press the spacebar to save
your changes & close.
8. Now start, Openbook, & press, Control + F5 to temporarily ttoggle speech
off in Openbook.  The, Control + F5, keystroke is a toggle, so you can
invoke this keystroke to turn speech back on. With speech off Jaws will now
be your screenreading program.  If you want to make your change permanent,
you need to go into Openbook's settings with the keystroke, Alt + G, arrow
up / down to, Save the Settings, press enter, tab to the, Okay button, press enter, & press enter on the, Yes, option of the dialogue that comes up. If you don't save the settings, your prior Openbook's default settings will be
used the next time you start Openbook, but Jaws will also be enabled.  So,
you need to put Jaws back into Sleep Mode by following steps 1 thru 7 from
above, but the following option in step #6, needs to be changed to, Sleep
Mode Enabled & Unload the Synthesizer.

----- Original Message ----- From: cheez