From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of rosecomb...@cox.net
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2018 8:42 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Word 216 problem

I have Office 365 with Word 2016, Windows 10 Fall Creator, Jaws 2018.  When
I open word I get a dialog that tells me I don't have file associations for
word, do I want to make them.  I press yes and get a totally blank screen,
no cursor works, not PC, JAWS, Invisible or Touch, no Alt down arrow,
nothing to indicate how I can fix the problem.

I did go into settings and try to make sure doc and dox files would be
associated with Word 2016 but even that did not cure the problem.

Microsoft Fail?  Jaws 2018 Fail?  Regardless of the fault this is, it should
have a way someone without any sight can fix it!  Message keeps repeating,
and .doc files I receive are not opening in the correct program.

Much help appreciated, if you don't know, don't tell me you don't know.

Rose Combs                     rosecomb...@cox.net
<mailto:rosecomb...@cox.net>