Leonard nailed it.  Here's a wrinkle.  Just hitting enter defaults each addressee as a "to".  If you want an addressee to be a cc or a bcc just shift tab from the address line and arrow to the one you want.  I usually just enter down until I'm finished with addressees but sometimes I want a bcc to keep the addressee hidden from the others.  Bureaucratic tricks!