-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jitendra
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 3:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] tony's script.

is the window that displays the verse, has different ctrl ID or window class
then other controls?
if yes, you can check and do eather focusChangedEvent, or why not use window
created event? see actualy what event is activated when this window gets
focus or created.
if you are able to find the real event triggered by this window, your work
is done!
same as the screen-readers, as they automaticly do a down arrow when a menu
gets activated!
HTH,
You wrote:
> Hi.
>

> I'm writing scripts for the Online Bible program. In this program,
> when the user is in a passage window, the left and right arrow keys
> don't move the pc cursor by character, but by verse. Each verse is its
> own paragraph. I created scripts for the left and right arrows that
> read the paragraph once the cursor has been allowed to move. These
> read fine for the most part. The problem is that they don't work when
> the window is new until I've already pressed one of the arrow keys. So
> anytime I do anything that creates one of these passage windows,
> whether it be a phrase search when I'm already in the program or
> whether I alt+tab to it from another program, I have to press either the
left or right arrow key once before either of the scripts work.
> Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be happening? I've tried
> modifying the focusChangedEvent to do a NextCharacter followed by a
> PriorCharacter to first move my arrow key for me then get me back to
> where I was, but this isn't a good idea for the following reason. The
> only way that would work efficiently would be to determine by window
> class that I'm in the right kind of window and not some other sort of
> window like the place where I punch in the passage I want to open, but
> JAWS isn't able to determine that either, until I move either left or
> right arrow to sort of initialize things. Therefore, I'm forced to
> have the FocusChangedEvent move my arrow key then move me back all the
> time, which causes JAWS to pause for a second or so before it reads
> the newly focused window. I hope this is enough information, but if
> anyone needs me to clarify anything or answer other questions about the
code, I'll be more than happy to help you help me.

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Address for the list archives:
To post to this group, send email to