Regarding VLC, can you tell me the process for accessing an external cd rom drive? I attempted to do this previously, but I could only find my internal drive on my dell laptop. Using JAWS 2018, Windows 10, and VLC 2.2 (I believe).
Thanks.
Jerry

-----Original Message----- From: JM Casey
Sent: Friday, March 2, 2018 8:38 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] VLC Media Player 3.0

I use Winamp for this too. There is a random button in the playlist editor.
I don't think there's a convenient shortcut for it by default. But yes, it's
there. When I took a brief look last time when I had version 2.2.6 or
something, I could not get jAWS to find it, however. I will try again with
3.01 and see what happens. The reason I didn't fuss about this at the time
(I like making random playlists too) is that I really only use VLC for
videos. Of course it's your choice, and it may make a difference to you that
VLC is still being updated. However, most new file formats are video, not
audio, formats. Another thing I value winamp over VLC for audio playback for
is the equalizer. VLC has one, but it's much less user friendly ... it's
very difficult to save your own settings. SO if you care about that, you
might want to consider this. However, for video playback, VLC simply can't
be beat. It's fast and extremely versatile. There's a lot of stuff under the
hood.