Hi Phani and list,
You'll need Java Access Bridge or Java Virtual Machine to run
programs based on Java.  The "Java" thing on the PC might be the
Java Runtime Environment (I don't know much about it).  Also, the
one on Interod! Explorer is a combination of Java and Javascript
(JS for short).  Don't be confused between these two things:
Javascript is a small applet (called a script) that allows
websites to display information and allows a user to interact
with the site, whereas Java is the program language.  There is a
help topic for JAWS which talks about Java (under Popular
Applications).
Cheers,
Joseph P.S.  I think this discussion is more suited for lists
that deals with programming...

wrote:
>> I have that, Sun Java stuff on my computer too.  It seems to be
more present
>> in the area of IE under the add-ons and I think I have it all
turned to
>> disabled.

It is more
>>> than a programming language--it is more like an operating
system.  Screen
>>> readers, in general, don't work well in Java, if at all.  If a
program is
>>> written in "J-class" Java, it will be completely inaccessible.
If a
>>> program is written in "Swing class" Java, it might be accessable
using a
>>> program called Java Access Bridge.

>>> Darrin

>>> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mike &
>>> Barbara
>>> Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 9:41 AM
>>> To: jaws-users-list
>>> Subject: [JAWS-Users] Should I have JAVA on my computer?

>>> Good Morning Everyone,

>>> Could someone please tell me what kind of program JAVA is and
what it
>>> does?
>>> Also, could you tell me if it is something I should have on my
computer
>>> and
>>> where I can find it?  I am running 2002 XP Home, 2002 Office
Home, and
>>> whatever the hell the latest version of JAWS 9 is.  Any and all
advice
>>> will
>>> be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much for the help.

>>> Mike