Hi Justin,

There are two factors that can be related to the apps listed when you press
ALT+TAB.
First, in the Taskbar settings that you can quickly open by pressing ALT+ENTER
on the Start button, there's a combo box on wetter taskbar buttons are combined
or not. This setting was previously available on the Taskbar and Start Menu
Properties dialog box.
Second, since Windows 10, in the System\Multitasking category of the Settings
app, theres a combobox to choose if pressing ALT+TAB moves through windows of
the current desktop or all of them. If you use multiple desktops, you may need
to adjust this setting in order to be able to alt-tabbing between windows on
all of the open virtual desktops, not only the currently focused one.
Im sorry for not telling you exact names of the settings. I don’t have an
English language pack to actually check them.

Regarding taskbar-related keyboard shortcuts with the Windows Logo key,
WINDOWS+TAB was used in Windows XP and earlier versions to set the focus on the
first and subsequently the next item of the taskbar. In Windows Vista and 7
this shortcuts stopped working, unless you had Windows Aero enabled. The
original hotkey, in Windows Vista and later, was changed by WINDOWS+T.
In Windows 10 WINDOWS+TAB also shows open windows, but on the Task View instead
of the Taskbar. In addition to showing open windows, Task View allow to create
and close virtual desktops, as well as moving windows between open desktops.
In Windows 10 version 1803, which is currently in preview and will soon be
released to the general public, the Task View also allows to manage the
Timeline, a feature which group different program windows related with a
specific user work, such as the different Word documents, Outlook or Mail
messages and Edge websites related to a given research, novel etc.

Hope it helps!