Hey.

I know that in the corporate world, microsoft Office is the standard. A lot
of people have it at home, too, and it works well with JAWS and other
screen-readers. Unless you can get a good deal, though, it's not cheap to
get the full professional Office suite. There is at least one  alternative:
Open Office, and while I have MS Office 2010 on this machine, I also have
Open Office, and I recently started playing with the word processor. It at
least seems very accessible and  straightforward, and there are keyboard
shortcuts. I'm using version 4.1 I believe, and it's from 2016.
Interestingly, it has the old-style menu bar, and not ribbons. I think this
would make a lot of blind users quite happy. It will save documents in
various formats, including old Microsoft Word ones (going back to 2003 I
believe), for those who want compatibility with the Microsoft product, which
I suppose is pretty essential.

Just some basic thoughts for now. Just wondering if anyone uses it? It also
contains spreadsheet software, a presentation system that I guess is not
dissimilar to Powerpoint, a database program and something for drawing. No
e-mail client apparently. As yet, I am not sure how well any of these
programs work. Seems worth worth the test drive though.