Hello there,

I am wondering if someone can help me out here.  I have a Power Braille 80
and I want to get it working with Jaws.

I am using Windows Vista Home Edition Premium.

Here are the steps I have followed:

1.      I connected the PB 80 to the power supply and charged the battery.

2.  I have a parallel cable going in to the only parallel port I have which
is a printer port and it is considered lpt1.

3.  I then go to the Synth and Braille Manager and tell it I want to use the
PB 80 on LPT1 And check the Pb80 display check box with in the Synth and
Braille Manager.

4.      I then say finish to the Synth and Braille Manager and start Jaws as
asked by Jaw's executable.

5.      I restart Jaws and then Jaws is complicated by a Windows error which
says that the application meaning Jaws will not run.

I have two questions here.  Does the Pb 80 need bidirectional support?  I am
assuming yes since it needs to talk both ways?  Secondly, are there any
other settings that any one can suggest?

Have a wonderful day.

You may contact me at:

Scott Berry

Hotmail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]