Hey guys.

After some thought, I decided to switch my primary synthesiser back to
Eloquence. I must say, that JAWS is now acting a lot more like the robust
and response screen-reader I would expect on such a relatively fast machine.
I spent the past year listening to a nice, mannered, human-sounding voice,
but wondering why the devil my computer was being just as slow and clunky at
times as my XP machine was. Well, now I have the answer. Duh. These
Vocalizer voices are resource-intensive and slow the machine down. Anybody
else noticed this? I guess it's a foregone conclusion, but I just assumed my
machine would be able to handle it well. I think it'd be ok for reading, but
for all practical purposes, well, the trade in favour of performance is an
obvious no-brainer.

So, what synths does everyone use here, anyway? What are your thoughts on
all the software synths out there nowadays? Curiosity question.

Also, Eloquence - y'know, it's kind of good to have the old man back.