It helps a bunch, and my student would have been lost without these
directions.  Thanks a ton!

Cher

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 3:22 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Readiris OCR software & JAWS Compatibility

Hi Cher

     I do need to mention that the text editor section of Readiris PRO. 11
is not JAWS friendly. However, since most people use MS Word to edit their
documents it doesn't really matter.
     After opening the program one presses enter once to land on the main
screen. Next press alt, F. this will start the menu system. Right arrow to
start OCR and press enter. Next follow the on screen prompts and it will
take you through the scanning process. Once the pages have been scanned,
press alt, F. and right arrow to OCR and down arrow to recognize and press
enter. the program will now convert the scanned image to editable text and
save it as a RTF document that you can edit with MS Word.
     I hope this helps.

God bless,
Mark
-- Currently in Pendleton, Eastern Oregon Regional At Pendleton, Oregon
Partly Clou